Let's see em! Hog rifles...

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
im always building slowly because it costs too much. the problem is its like a sickness. i can't stop building them. i keep trading for more and selling the ones i don't want to build interesting other rifles. i need to throw away my reloading stuff, it will save me in the end when i stop trying to invent new wildcats lol

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
IMG_20130810_094438_205_zps0c55deea.jpg

18" *** 6.8spc
Troy HG
Aero Precision Lower
ACS-L stock
PRI adjustable gas block
Leupold VX3 3-9

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
rifle.JPG

6.8 SPC II
Barrel: CCMG 18" 1/10 twist?
Sun Devil lower
YHM rail and front sight
Upper ; can't remember believe its CCMG
Scope: Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x42BDC
Rock river mount
C-Products defense 10 round mag
Harris bi-pod
Daniel Defense single stage trigger

It is an awesome shooter, groups single shots in minute of hog.
Sorry about the book, duh

Last edited:

Andre Lopes

Boar Hunter from Southern Brazil
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hello Sir!
Wonder of equipment!
I have no experience with the 6.8 SPC caliber. Could you tell me if it really would be the answer of the discussion between 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm in military use, and between 223 and 308 in civilian use?
We could do a comparison of it with 30-30 Win, or is it more for the 270 Win?

Thank you!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Andre, the 6.8 is a combat rd and excellent AR rd for hunting or combat. I would think there are better calibers for any job, if like you, need to use bolt guns and cannot have a semi auto at least that is my thinking.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hello Sir!
Wonder of equipment!
I have no experience with the 6.8 SPC caliber. Could you tell me if it really would be the answer of the discussion between 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm in military use, and between 223 and 308 in civilian use?
We could do a comparison of it with 30-30 Win, or is it more for the 270 Win?

Thank you!
I compaire the 6.8 more to the 243 Winchester round than the 30-30 or 270. With a 95gr TTSX, my 6.8 handload is less than 60fps slower than a factory Winchester Supreme 95gr XP3 load for the 243, and follows its trajectory very closely out to about 350yds.

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
I compaire the 6.8 more to the 243 Winchester round than the 30-30 or 270. With a 95gr TTSX, my 6.8 handload is less than 60fps slower than a factory Winchester Supreme 95gr XP3 load for the 243, and follows its trajectory very closely out to about 350yds.
Thank you my friend!

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Andre: The 6.8 delivers about 80% of the energy delivered by a .308 with virtually no recoil. My rifle is heavy and I can keep eyes on target for a rapid second shot, can't do that with a .308. And yes it is comparable to the .243 Winchester.
Thank you Sir!

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thank you all for the explanations!
What I read about is that the 6.8 SPC delivers 44% more energy than the 5:56 mm NATO (M4 configuration) at 100-300 meters (330-980 ft).
And that is pretty important in combat!

A.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
IMO........the 6.8SPC in a 1:10 twist bbl is pretty much equal to a 7.62X39 or a 30-30Win. This,depending on which bullet is used and what action it is fired in. The other chambering,6.8SPCII, gives pretty much any weight bullet(.277",85-125gr)approximately another 100fps. My opinion is that the 6.8SPCII will deliver about 70% of the power of a medium loaded 308Win.

The bullet selection for a 6.8 is somewhat limited by the action it is used in,and the mag. My 6.8SPCII is a AR/Bison side charge. It is my dedicated night hunting hog/coyote gun and this year will be doing some night time deer harvesting with a predation permit. My gun has a 18" bbl and is fairly heavy. IMO it has about the same recoil as a 7.62X39 AR.

I have been shooting the Barnes 85gr TSX but have switched to the 115gr Fed Fusion for the deer control(with permit). My weapon has a ATN ThOR 320 3X 60hz. thermal on top. --- pruhdlr

Scott68

IMG_20130604_121353_502.jpg Bison 18 inch 6.8 spr yhm rail lmt lower leupold mk ar 3-9 mildot ergo grip. Hopefully upgrading to a ssa-e trigger real soon