Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Once a corn thief...

Crowebar

LSB Member
This hog was taken 4 years ago, supposedly 545, the largest on the lease was 619 and was weighed at the docks scale, can't find a pic of him. I was not there for either but here is the pic.

View attachment 223
Hey Frank T. You know an old captain buddy of mine down there,Tommy browning? If so tell him Crowe said hello,

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not sure, where is he??

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My son & I were deer hunting yesterday. Right at dark I spotted a very nice buck +350 yds away. I considered that deer too far away to get a shot on, but I decided to get out of the stand and maybe stalk closer in the waning light just to get a better look at him - you know, for future reference. Soon as I got down I saw this hog that had just come out at the edge of the wheat field. Using the stand leg as support, I sent a 110gr Accubond his way - down DRT. Stepped off the distance at 180 paces. Since my 12.5" 6.8 SBR is set up for night hunting with SST's, this *** barreled 16" 6.8 wears a 3x9 Zeiss sighted in with Accubonds at 200 yds for deer and such. Its the first time I've used the ab bullet on game and the result was excellent. Even though his cutters weren't that big, we had fun doing the stick in mouth thing...

accubond hog.JPG

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dropped that bad habit like a clean turd end. Congrats.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shot right there! Congrats!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great Hog. Nice shot!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I love those accubonds for deer. Nice shot on a nice hog.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well these are this weeks kills minus the 2 babies i got today in the rain and didn't want to get out for a picture. If you don't want pics of the small ones just say so, i'm a cold hearted ******* and kill any and
all without prejudice to size but I'll gladly abide by any guidelines you have.

IMG_20150117_235044.jpg
Saturday night family hunt
IMG_20150119_192753.jpg
Monday at dusk leaving work.
IMG_20150120_163125.jpg
Tuesday 3:30 in the afternoon

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hogs, even the gaggle of little pigs. Those little ones need to go straight to the pit(BBQ), tender vittles. Nice going. BANG BANG!!.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
kill'em all...just BBQ the little one! love to see them on a spit or split and on the grill

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hog Killn' Machine! How about the shotgun? Are you guys getting close shots too?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great job and be sure you add them to the 2015 kill counter.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck yes, big or small - no need to discrimin8. Be sure to post'em up in the 2015 pig counter thread Lancer.

Chris

LSB Member
Nice hunting there. Good to get out with the kids, my son loves putting down a hog or 2 or 3.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Six little happy meals right there in the last pic. Congrats.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hog Killn' Machine! How about the shotgun? Are you guys getting close shots too?
I'm hunting around cattle at almost every place, sometimes killing them in amongst the cows so i shoot .223 exclusively (i totally agree with the reasons not to, but it's whats required here) so i down the big ones with AR and if need be finish them with bird shot in the mossberg 12 guage. Also shoot anything small with it cuz i'm cheap like that.