Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah 2014 is over...sorry

Duffy

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah just means I've got to get on some 2015 hogs and not take so long in between hunts!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ratdog, it says not allowing anymore responses to that thread.
I missed the closing of that thread. C'est la vie.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Spotted this boar from 600 yds away tearing up our wheat field tonight. It was a long muddy stalk in a flooded bottom field and walking was tough due to mud sucking - almost lost a boot several times. The moon was bright, there was no cover and I'd had enough of the mud, so I didn't get as close as I normally do. One shot with the 6.8 factory SST from a 12.5" *** and I was relieved to see him drop DRT. He was 205 paces away - thank you triggerstick tripod! Awesome to shoot suppressed and hear the bullet whizzing followed by a loud THWACK that echoed across Bois d' Arc river bottom. The rooting in the night vision pic was done while I was stalking him.

photo 5.JPG

photo 4.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good Job!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mud naps rock.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice looking hog there! I also wore the 20lb mud boots 2 nights back but didn't see a thing.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job getting through the mud to get to him. Nice hog.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The way it should be done: Spot, stalk, shoot, snap photo.

It's that easy...

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice but what about the rest of the story. Getting a pig back in the mud is no easy task unless coyote bait.

Navygator

LSB Active Member
OK, just because I am taking a break from work, thought I would post up one of my favorite pix. This was years ago back before I had the 6.8 (or green lights or thermal scope). Was scanning the property in the morning and saw a group of pigs out in open mixed in with some of the neighbor's cows (he encourages me to shoot the pigs off his property). No way for me to get very close, so I ended up taking a longer shot at the biggest once they separated from the cows (took forever). Dropped DRT and the hogs surprised me by only running a short distance into a ravine (I had a high wind blowing from them to me and I was pretty far out so I guess it wasn't too loud).
Once they hit the ravine, I was able to get much closer for a follow on shot. Hit the second one and then two more as they were running away (last one was a little football which was left in place for the buzzards). One of the few times I have seen a large group in open during the day.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bloody hog-snot! Nice outing/tale.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm betting coyote bait!
Yes, coyote bait for sure. Too muddy for even an ATV extraction - would probably do more damage to crops than the pig did. And to be honest, a good portion of my kills are coyote bait. Our friends & families freezers are full of deer & hog - but I usually make some calls anyway to see if somebody wants it. If it's smaller we'll sawzall it up & throw it directly on the smoker.