Hunting Photos post your pics here!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wear flip flops as much as I can, this IS FL...LOL yes I have snake boots, just seldom wear them.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well we are not walking all over looking for hogs, rather blind hunting for the most part. Shorts and t's with a bug suit over it, I do wear short boots most of the time. I am not sure it is any cooler than what you guys wear, that bugs suit netting is small and little breeze gets thru.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No shorts or anything but boots while hunting. If in the low lands or known snake territory I wear chaps. I respect them. Have a former DPS hunting friend who was bitten by a rattler (who did not rattle), and it really caused him some problems for months. Mostly from muscle and tissue damage.

Just no need to take the chance. Between Iraq and Afghanistan I have seen some nasty snakes. Fortunately before they saw me. Just do not like or trust them.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lawman; do you have a laser mounted on that rifle? Wouldn't think you are mounting your pvs on it.
Idents pvs is warranted for .308 :cool: Plan on using it on my Colt LE901 .308 when it comes in. But the recoil is comparable to a 6.8 from the reports I get.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Andre; in the 1950's the U.S. military adopted a new service rifle to replace the M1 Garand, it was the M14. The M1A (like the one in the TEXASLAWMAN'S photo) is the civilian version of that rifle. The main difference being the M1A is semi auto. The M14 has a selective fire lever and is capable of full auto fire. They both fire the 7.62x51 (.308 Winchester) round.

Andre Lopes

Boar Hunter from Southern Brazil
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very, very ,very nice photos Mr. TEXASLAWMAN! The rifle is very insteresting, I like the camo painting.
The ejection of cartridges in this rifle is the top or the side? It seemed to me that the position of the NV should be from the side.

Thank you!

Andre Lopes

Boar Hunter from Southern Brazil
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Andre; in the 1950's the U.S. military adopted a new service rifle to replace the M1 Garand, it was the M14. The M1A (like the one in the TEXASLAWMAN'S photo) is the civilian version of that rifle. The main difference being the M1A is semi auto. The M14 has a selective fire lever and is capable of full auto fire. They both fire the 7.62x51 (.308 Winchester) round.
Thank you Sir!
When you described the weapon as M1A, I thought it was a Garand that instead of clips 8 shots, used a detachable magazine. But as the caliber Garand is 30-06 and this weapon is 308, was in doubt.
The M-14 is a weapon that I appreciate very much!
The model with shorter barrel is an excellent weapon combat and traditional model, I think you can be a great platform for accurate sniper shots.
I am Brazilian Marine (retired) and had the opportunity to shoot with both Garand, M-14 and even with BAR and I think these guns are sensational. But of all these, the M-14 was the rifle that fascinated me!

Thank you for the info!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Interesting that all TLM's pics show dead hogs...LOL that last one looks so peaceful!