Hunting Photos post your pics here!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
1008111833.jpg
Lookity there !! That pig's wearing leafy camo !!!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like a nice size hog, congrats!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hit it six times with the blackout. But to be honest I did not trust the blackout so when it took off running I just started firing. He may have had a fatal wound after the second shot we will never know. I do the same with the 6.8 if it moves I Keep shooting.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh sure, the wound may have been fatal. That is not in question, just that it didn't drop immediately. Hitting it with more shots was the right thing to do, however, because if you don't connect with the spine or a major blood vessel (which you can miss behind the ear) and hydrostatic shock doesn't work its magic, you can be left with a simple flesh wound through big neck muscle.

You mentioned the mud camo above. I have seen coons come out of my water hole nearly invisible on thermal except for their heads. I like this video because this guy has a similar issue...

IIRC correctly, he has a driveway alarm on the feeder to alert him in his house some 80 yards away that animals are under his feeder. When the alarm goes off, he goes after the hogs. So he goes after them with his rifle and thermal scope. By :45 in the video, you can see some of your camo'd pigs. Either they are wet or well mudded. The patterns vary but it looks like they have been partially submerged.

At 4:20 in the video, something funny happens that is camo-related. The last hog crosses the FOV and the hunter takes a bead on it when it stops. He fires and the hog runs off, but you can see where the guy shot based on the glowing spot of the feeder leg. The feeder leg has become nearly invisible to thermal because it is ambient temperature...until it gets shot, LOL.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a cool video

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought it looked like that last shot connected, ran to the left an dropped, doin' some wiggles on the ground? M'be it was just the distortion of the image?

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got this one outside of Mexia with the Texas Lawman.
IMG_0612-Copycopy-M.jpg

These were from a hunt in Seguin, TX.

2012%20Pig%20Hunt%20023-M.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fine stack of hogs there PRyan !!! Some impressive cutters on that big'n.

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The top one weighed the same as the big one in the bottom pic, I'm about three feet behind it. I saved the skull, the rest of it was sent to the sausage grinder and the smoker.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Our Avatars look like twins!! Mine must be a drawing of yours! Nice hogs!

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank, that is the head of the pig in the picture I posted above. It's good to see you again Frank.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to see you too, some good hunting there! Been hot, rainy, all the normal excuses, I will be back out again soon!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like both the avatars. Some noce looking hogs in those photos also. Strong looking snake boots also.

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wear heavy leather hunting boots and when needed will put on gaiters.