SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ya gotta love the time you get to spend with your son in the field

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The coyote from sun night! Ill add, my first 200 yard kill too!

143g9w4.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks more like a husky. LOL Congrats on the 200

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Went out for a quick hunt. Running a little late, got out about 4:30 pm. Hit the creek bottom "still hunting" from the north because the wind was blowing hard from the south today. First time in that end of the woods. Just 50-60 yds in, I see a large pile of brush and bramble, great hog cover. I stand on this side of the creek from it, maybe 15 yds away, scoping in the dark shadows, I move a few feet and scope some more. Man, it looks piggy but I see nothing. I take a couple more slow steps and hear a hog. I see one stand up, all black, through the brush, looks to be quartering away, taking the shot. Thwap! Pigs running out from everywhere. I can't believe I could not see them in there. Take a couple running shots but nothing goes down. I go over and see I shot a boar high in the shoulder with a 64 gr. Winchester Hog Special, he was DRT. Nice. The others were gone so I took a couple pics quick and a 200 lb plus boar goes sauntering past at 75 yds. I put down the camera and my pack, grab the gun and go after him, he disappeared somewhere. I go grab my gear and go for a quick look to see if I had hit any other hogs. A spotted sow gets up and runs and stops in the bushes. Gopro on, Thwap, down, thwap, one more for good measure, lots of brush, not sure of shot. DRT. Go to get her and I hear a baby grunting, he runs over to mom , I sneak up but he takes off. I call him back but he boogies. I set down the gun and camera and take off after him. Over the fence, across the field, I can't see him, only hear him grunting, so I keep following the grunts. Back down into the creek bottom, now I am winded and soaking wet, but he makes a mistake and is on a steep bank. While he is spinning out trying to get up the embankment kays hogs 004.JPG kays hogs 002.JPG kays hogs 001.JPG I run down and throw my jacket over him. Ha! Little rat is going home with me. So 2 dead hogs and one live catch. Just plain fun. Maybe have video tomorrow!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just too good..well done! Whatcha gonna do w Jr?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just too good..well done! Whatcha gonna do w Jr?
I have a gal used to buy a lot of hogs from me. She is coming tomorrow, she will raise him as a pet probably. I don't have the patience for those little guys.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I figured I'd add picture of damage from 64 gr. 223, high shoulder shot.phone JAN 31 014.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
not bad...

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck ya!! Way to go and you got a little buddy out of the deal too. Way cool:) Good on ya and nice going. BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think you need to keep Jr as a house pet!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... what fun. Got you a New England Patriot under-inflated pig skin to boot! Congrats.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
rattlesnake dan - that is absolutely awesome!!!! I can't wait for the video! Great job!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
rattlesnake dan - that is absolutely awesome!!!! I can't wait for the video! Great job!
I put some videos under hunting video area. There not great but still fun to watch.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's just awesome, wish I still had the wheels to go after them like that.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"I run down and throw my jacket over him."

A refreshing change - usually just the bullet is full jacketed.
Lonepunman, you are witty. You have a unique way of saying things. lol If you see the video, there was a brief moment when I almost shot the little fella. haha