Hog Decoys

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually I think a doe decoy would work just as well as anything else.

Jessemm

Ok the hogs here will not come during the day. They will only come out at night. How can i get them to come out earlier so I can shoot them during the daytime

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is tough, the more the pressure the more nocturnal they become. Stalking where they bed is about the only way to get on top of them in daylight. Most of us have lights or Night Vision to assist night hunting.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok the hogs here will not come during the day. They will only come out at night. How can i get them to come out earlier so I can shoot them during the daytime

I have found the hogs are out feeding more in the daytime from now until early April while the weather is cool. Also seem to be less acorns this year which makes feeders and pig pipes more effective. How much of an area do you have to hunt? If you have an area they bed down in that would also be an excellent place to hunt them during the day.

Jessemm

I know where they are bedding down at but it not my land there. and the owner doesnt want anyone on it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well that sucks, I am setting up as close as I can get to that area, try some stink bait and scents to draw them out. Maybe even some decoys