Game Camara Thread

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wish I had a pit like that, really sucks!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are some good BQ whole pigs!

PS: brine whole pigglets in a big cooler for 3 to 4 days. 4 to 6 cups of salt 2 cups of sugar, 2 gal of Apple juice. Put them on a spit. And have a great cook put. Call some friends.
Heck, MAKE some friends

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
put up feeder last week on the new hunting property. been throwing 5 days (ran out of corn sunday night i think-- refilled it today and adjusted the amount of corn it throws each time. I wanted it throwing a lot of corn at first to get them coming in) first sounder has 8 pigs i think. next pic is a lone boar, im guessing 120-160?? but not sure since its a new area and new camera.. is he sharpening his cutters here?? and last pic is the other sounder coming in with the calico pig. i think there are 12 pigs in that one. going out next friday with my brother to take em out. Ill also be taking the land owner, since the deal was that i could hunt his property if i took him out and put him on some pigs with the nv toys.

Attachments

• WGI_0003.JPG
    WGI_0003.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 15
  • WGI_0038.JPG
    WGI_0038.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 14
  • WGI_0040.JPG
    WGI_0040.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 17

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You have targets!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lets see if this works Moultrie M80 you have to click on the to get the video I guess

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, they love them and stay in the area hours instead of minutes with them. I have them napping before another rd at the barrel. Have gone from 3 holes to just 1 in each barrel...

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
frank, how much corn do u fill the barrels with? how much is too much/heavy? i cant get them active on 2 9/16ths holes unless a squirrel chews out one of the holes to golf ball size. but im thinking maybe they have too much corn and are too heavy for the hogs to kick around effectively

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am cheap, you can put a bag in each barrel I put 25 lbs. and have 1, 9/16 hole. If you are using the big barrels w screw tops try cobbed dry corn 1/4-1/2 a barrel, take the husks off and 1/2 a brick inside. as they roll the barrel the corn comes off slowly.

Initially I do bait the area up heavy ues scents, anything to get them use to the barrel. I have a cow bell on each barrel so I can hear them rolling it in other areas.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thats what it is.. i need more cowbell!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Since I have a cowbell on each one of the barrels, I also take one into a stand w me and if they can hear the bell they think others are on the barrel and if hungry will come running.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ya I remember reading that somewhere on here.. I like your style

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
frank, how much corn do u fill the barrels with? how much is too much/heavy? i cant get them active on 2 9/16ths holes unless a squirrel chews out one of the holes to golf ball size. but im thinking maybe they have too much corn and are too heavy for the hogs to kick around effectively
once the mast in your area is gone they will be back

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
put up feeder last week on the new hunting property. been throwing 5 days (ran out of corn sunday night i think-- refilled it today and adjusted the amount of corn it throws each time. I wanted it throwing a lot of corn at first to get them coming in) first sounder has 8 pigs i think. next pic is a lone boar, im guessing 120-160?? but not sure since its a new area and new camera.. is he sharpening his cutters here?? and last pic is the other sounder coming in with the calico pig. i think there are 12 pigs in that one. going out next friday with my brother to take em out. Ill also be taking the land owner, since the deal was that i could hunt his property if i took him out and put him on some pigs with the nv toys.
now these are real live hogs

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank will have those pigs at the fair having races so he can make a little money next year. You have trained them well Obi Wan

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah they are big enough to shoot and BBQ now and the Sows are away having more so should be like shooting pigs in a barrel...lol

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg Hope the top right pig might get me in to the SUS Venator Club. Got to track him down.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice, does the fence keep the cattle away from your corn?