Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice rifle. Gotta love the 6.8

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Picked up this S&W 22A on a trade, why? I don't know...added the Sight Mark, need to sight it in yet

HD0004.jpg

HD0003.jpg

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had one of those last year, it shot pretty good. Nice looking one there!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah have not decided to keep it or not till I shoot it and see if I like it...just desire accuracy

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like 22 pistols. I try every one I can afford to buy. One of the best was the Beretta Neo. Thing was balanced so nice and very accurate but because I carry one most days checking traps etc... it was just too long for me, but a great shooter and grip was just right.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice little pistol there Frank. Never shot one of those. Always wondered how they did.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD, I will let you know as soon as I shoot it, maybe tomorrow at the lease.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
....sure not a "Pig Killa" but came across this little gun this afternoon. Pre 1930 Remington Model 24. Says it will shoot 22 Long Rifle Lesmok or Smokeless Greased on the left side of the barrel. Top says Remington Arms U.M.C Co. Ilion Wks, Ilion NY U.S.A. Browning's Patent Oct 24,1916. My local gunsmith says he doesn't think she's ever been fired and has never seen one in this condition. Original bluing and not a scratch on any of the wood either. An old wep this pretty I have never seen and don't think I'm gonna run any rounds through her either. This old rifle worth anything??

Model%2024_3.jpg

Model%2024_8.jpg

Model%2024_9.jpg

Model%2024_6.jpg

Model%2024_7.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gorgeous wood on that ol' beauty ! Congrats on a very nice find.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gorgeous wood on that ol' beauty ! Congrats on a very nice find.

Thanks! Since I got home I have been trying to get some info on when she was born but guess I will have to call Remington. Also, I have seen maple stocks on them pictured but not that look like this one. It was sure one of those "in the right place at the right time moments that's for sure!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Get you some Flitz metal polish and work over the bluing. It'll really pop when the bluing salts residue comes off as a rusty brown color.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Get you some Flitz metal polish and work over the bluing. It'll really pop when the bluing salts residue comes off as a rusty brown color.
...Ratdog68, since it's the original bluing if i use the Flitz on it will it hurt it at all?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No, test it under the forearm to ease your concern. I used it on my 1940 vintage Win '94. Gorgeous, is what will come to mind.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No, test it under the forearm to ease your concern. I used it on my 1940 vintage Win '94. Gorgeous, is what will come to mind.
..have the Flitz here, but will test it tomorrow and see if I get anything as far as the bluing salts go.
In the meantime I'll test it on my forearm.....NOT!!
Thanks for the tip Brother!!!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You'll love the look it'll give ya. Good luck at the range.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm not home right now, but when I get back to my other 'puter, I will look for a link I have to Remington birthdates. That is one beautiful work of art. You are one lucky guy.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have a ticket in with Remington and hopefully they can tell me something after the weekend. Friend came over and after looking at her says "I have some .22 ammo in the truck, Let's shoot her!" Of course I passed and explained to him that I wanted to keep it in the same condition I got her.
Still think I need to have the rifle appraised and find out if it's worth anything.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
just beautiful tiger maple, nice find

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
...just checked out that link...Thanks Chopperdrvr....and if i go by the barrel stamp it looks like this gun was born in February 1928 (LW). Hopefully Remington will confirm this or at least point me in the right direction.
On another note, Chopperdrvr, what do you fly? I have some stick time in the old Sikorsky SH3's from when I was aircrew back in the day and a friends Huey he restored.