Feral Hog Poison

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TEXASLAWMAN, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Curly Shuffle

Curly Shuffle LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Wonder why the livestock has to be removed for 90 days after the bait removal?? It aint suppose to harm any thing except the hog that ate it??? Ya right!!

2. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

yep perfectly safe! lol

3. BDubbs

BDubbs LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Is Siri expensive?? never tried that gerbil stuff... man, our bionic east tx hogs will eat that stuff for dessert! and no sir, none of us in the BR gang can read very well, but we get extremely bright when we get in the whiskey!

4. OneK

OneK LSB Active Member Staff Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Maybe that's been my problem all these years??? No whiskey. No brain?

BDubbs, Ratdog68 and djones like this.
  5. djones

djones Guest

i guess it's different for everybody. i get extremely good looking... or so i'm told, hehe

BDubbs, Ratdog68 and OneK like this.
  6. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I asked Siri..."what is kaput" She said..."It is the sound that you hear when DJ fires into the ground at running hogs". I was impressed!

BDubbs, Ratdog68, TEXASLAWMAN and 3 others like this.
  7. djones

djones Guest

:-(((((((

OneK likes this.
  8. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Come on Suss!! That was funny!

djones, Chopperdrvr, FrankT and 2 others like this.
  9. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN Lone Star Boars Owner LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Very funny.

10. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

Your hearing may need a little help... they're probably talking about the flies, not that you're fly.

djones likes this.
  11. djones

djones Guest

maybe a little. a very little.

shouldn't you be out killing something instead of harassing me?

OneK and Chopperdrvr like this.
  12. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Gotta love this. So Sid Miller approved the use of Kaput. Claims it is safe. Note that TPWD apparently was not involved in the process in any real manner and isn't up to speed on it because they were blindsided as well.

TPWD: Feral Hogs
    So the primary government agency responsible for wildlife in Texas was not even part of the program involved in approving Warfarin.

13. RattlesnakeDan

We should call PETA....maybe we could use their liberalism against them.

14. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

Press Release
    Texas Hog Hunters Association
    March 2, 2017

This afternoon, State District Judge Jan Soifer issued a temporary restraining order enjoining Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller and the Texas Department of Agriculture from implementing the “emergency rule” that they had issued to try to facilitate the use of rat poison across Texas lands for feral hogs. Specifically, Judge Soifer’s Order stated in part that Defendants Sid Miller and the Department “did not follow the requirements of the Texas Administrative Procedure Act . . . and so therefore the rule is invalid.”

The Plaintiff in the case was Wild Boar Meats, L.L.C, a feral-hog processing business headquartered in Hubbard, Texas. The Texas Hog Hunters Association (THHA) and the Environmental Defense Fund also intervened in the case on the side of Wild Boar Meats.

Eydin Hanson, Vice President of THHA, said “15,000 members and supporters of THHA have signed a petition against this ill-advised rule. Spreading rat poison across Texas lands would hurt Texas hunters, Texas hunting-supply businesses, Texas feral-hog meat processing businesses, Texas ranchers, and the Texas environment. We are very grateful that Judge Soifer ruled in our favor. We hope that Commissioner Miller will now follow the law and allow public comment and careful consideration before proposing use of any poison on feral hogs. The emergency rule would have damaged feral-hog control in Texas rather than helping it. We urge all Texans to contact their elected representatives to make sure that Texas lands are not poisoned in this manner.”

Curly Shuffle likes this.
  15. RattlesnakeDan

Amen! Good to know that we still can make a change!!

FrankT likes this.
  16. Curly Shuffle

I have a friend that works very closely with the EDF as much as I do not care for them I let him know about this last week while he was on his way to DC. Maybe that helped out a little?? Who knows. I think the judge did a good thing. Thank you Judge!!!!!

17. Curly Shuffle

I also just sent another letter to Cornyn because his reply to me was comical to say the least. His response was about animal cruelty and that he would watch out for it if it came up during session. So I had to explain in more detail and in a more forceful manner. We will see what he sends back this time.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    RattlesnakeDan likes this.