Depth perception/thermal

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
We've all been there. I've stalked up to some cows in a neighboring field that looked like hogs in our field. Turned around and got back to the truck and had a hard time believing myself that they weren't pigs lol.

Silencerco Radius will solve that problem. Now you will know that they are not monster hogs (@1400yds) due to knowing distance, but cattle. Same thing has happened to me as well. Cattle laying down with calf's running around and some slope to the ground, looks like hogs moving around. But after several hundred yards of walking you see the legs and can tell they are not hogs. This is using a MKIII 60mm, so any thermal with less optical power or clarity will have even more trouble at ID without a knowing the range to target.

I don't have much time behind the radius as I just bought one, but so far it has been working great. I set it up parallel to thermal sight and just push the button to readout the yardage. It has an auto mode that constantly ranges but uses up the batteries in around 8 hrs. Display can be set from very bright to very dim. The dim setting works well on very dark nights.

Fla_dogman

LSB Member
I can see how that would be advantageous but how does it affect the weigh of the rifle and how cumbersome is it to carry?

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
It's a beast, built like a tank with the weight of a tank. Just over a 1lb, but for shooting off a tripod I have no issues with the weight. But like all gear each has to decide if the weight is worth the need. Saves a lot of walking for me when I know the range and can size up critters.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can age and weigh calves through the reap-ir.......not to mention preg check momma cows.
Will is also sex the calves?