Buy Once, Cry Once Thermal Monocular

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So the new one can be used as a clipon, now that is a game changer!

AdamD

For real only $2k?? How come that sounds too good to be true? Is that the 640 model?
That is the 336 12 micron core it's clarity is better then the 640 17um from what i have been told by a few people at shot soon as i get it i will post some pics.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
!

Attachments

• IMG_5533.PNG
    IMG_5533.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 4

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Talks about the new Q14 B at 2 min 30 seconds.

JPK

LSB Active Member
That is a 320 unit, which will be ok for spotting, but you will be using your scope for ID at anything but closer ranges.

Still, for a spotter that can be used as a back up scope, that is attractive pricing. Do make sure it's 30htz or better.

JPK

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If that thing is collimated and be used as a true clip on, no matter how useful it'll be, I'd be shocked. They'll sell all of them they want. I can't see it at that price though. if so, wow!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TACO and can be used as a stand alone scope too...Game Changer! We have got to get one in someones hands

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RE: the Q14 I did not watch both videos. Has anyone heard a price!?? BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
$1895 for the 336 and maybe 4K for the 640 is what I heard

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ruh roh, I gotta get one.

JPK

LSB Active Member
If that thing is collimated and be used as a true clip on, no matter how useful it'll be, I'd be shocked. They'll sell all of them they want. I can't see it at that price though. if so, wow!

I would be shocked as well. Bit even if it isn't coiilimated the ~$4k price for a 640 unit is pretty attractive.

JPK

Drift

LSB Member
As I see it you buy once and cry once. To get the best. Then you repeat about every 3 years as technology improves.

JPK

LSB Active Member
As I see it you buy once and cry once. To get the best. Then you repeat about every 3 years as technology improves.

I do not agree with this post by Drift, though I do understand his point.

A thermal you buy because the performance meets your requirements will be just as good a thermal three years later. If it works well when you buy it its performance will be equal three years later, no matter what advances manufacturers make, or don't make. I do think continuing market advances argue for buying the best thermal you budget will allow right from the get go.

But, if it works for you the day you bought it, it will work for you three years later!

JPK

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I agree. I won't be dumping any tau2 core stuff and buying boson; I'm good hunting with this tech for the rest of my career. The new q14 looks cool but I don't know I wouldn't buy one. I'm excited to see the real scopes they come out with or a really kick ass clip on.