ATN X-Sight

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ok...laid off all day so I would not get frustrated..all I did differently was to format the SD disk after uploading the firmware upgrade to the scope. This sucks as I did not think it would work again but I have it working now!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Progress is a good thing.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah the sample sucks on our screen porch, but I never figured it to work this time and just stuck it out the door!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Makes sense to reformat the card too, load to a clean slate. Glad to hear that worked for ya. Looking forward to the field vids now. (how 'bout them 'Hawks?)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did they win? watching Denver and Miami, Cowboys later

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did they win? watching Denver and Miami, Cowboys later
They beat Arizona, 19-3. Looked good, good time of possession and didn't kill themselves with penalties. They punted, maybe once? Blocked a punt, intercepted a pass. Solid performance today.

Now, go Dolphins!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Denver won, I am a Denver hater but a Manning follower!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok recorded 4 videos, 2 took 2 did not...turn up your volume

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Soooooo ..... you can sight the unit in during the daylight hours then immediately hunt with it at night ???

I would be interested what a sight in target looks like(the resolution) at 100yds during the daylight hours. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yes the sight in is done w the arrows, you shoot and move them to the POI and there you go, do it again to verify. The screen shows your reticle and the up/down/L/R arrow correlate to your buttons on top of the scope, when pushed they move the reticle accordingly.

Remember this is the 3x so a fixed focus the 5x has a manual focus..I might be able to set the contrast better but the focus is what it is on this unit. At night the choice is a black and white or green screen, the green seems not to give you the white blindness after taking away from your eye.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Screenshot13.png

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
2.2.2.3. Zeroing In
SINGLE SHOT ZERO INSTRUCTIONS
1. Power on device.
2. Press the “ENTER” button twice to bring up your menu icons, use the keypad arrows to select “MENU” and press “ENTER”.
3. Select “DISPLAY”.
4. Select “RETICLE”.
5. Select “Zero Setup”.
Screenshot14.png

6. Aim at your target (preferably bullseye).
7. Shoot your target while keeping your reticle on the bullseye.
8. Using the keypad arrows, move your reticle to the point of impact and press “ENTER” to save the new reticle location. This will be your weapon’s zero.
NOTE
After setting your zero once, the red dot will always be your screen’s center, and the green dot will be your previous zero.
NOTE
Upon pressing “ENTER” when saving your zero, you will be directed to the previous screen. If you would like to confirm your zero, repeat step 5.​

DFWRoadkill

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Frank, in the video you say you do not know when you are recording. Look to the upper left screen area and depress the right arrow to record. it should give you a red recoding dot and display how long you have been recordring.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yes sir I see and know that..it is just sometimes 1/2 the time it is recording a corrupt file or one that cannot be opened. So yes the timer is going but the file is not always viable. SOOO I do not know IF it is really recording. The one you can see I recorded 3 times w the time running, 1 worked, 2 did not

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When the open they have the same file extensions and are recorded the same way, if it has a Firefox icon in it and a visible picture I know it is good andit open in a firefox browser....If id has no picture and a music symbol I cannot open even though it tries to open in the quicktime plugin...will also not up load to youtube.

DFWRoadkill

SUS VENATOR CLUB
OK, just wanted to make sure you saw that it does have a way of telling you that it "thinks" it is recording. What I understand you are saying is that the files are sometimes corrupted and you don't obviously have a way of knowing it until your try to work with them later.

I have used a pre-production 5X model and own a 5X model. I have done numerous recordings with them and have not shared this experience. All of my files have been easy to work with. I generally put them in Windows Live Movie Maker (not to be confused with Windows Movie Maker) to make movies for youtube. My OS is Wndows 7. No issues at all.

I got it, might be the Florida humidity... :)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just tried to record 3 more times...nothing...Houston, I have a problem...This I will send this back as It is NOT working correctly

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Win 7 here too...but you got it right I just don't know till I open the files on the card even then I transfer all but I already know if I have an issue just by looking.. Then the 3x has a fixed focus which really is not very good.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Can you default to internet explorer?? Maybe it does not like firefox??? BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
firefox is what is plays in, noting else...but yeah I tried 4 other programs.