ATN X-Sight

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
trying to up load to youtube, but the files are 500MB and larger so taking it says 35 min?

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Loan the ATN to me and I'll see if I can work out the bugs for you..... J/K

You might try calling their 1=800-dialaprayer number to see if you can get some help.

Smitty

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey I would gladly loan it to get it fixed or taught me how to do it! I have teamviewer on my computer so can have remote help for the computer issue.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sooo after 35 min youtube tells me
The video has failed to process. Please make sure you are uploading a supported file type.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No manual?? came with that scope?? WTHeck?? Glad you got it, hope to read a good report, this is the 3X correct. Thanks for posting. BANG BANG!!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually, there are a variety of electronic products that don't come with printed manuals anymore. For example, most computers don't. It might be included on the hard drive or might be available online. The last TV we purchased had only a setup card and then a link to a manual online.

Mind you, I am not defending ATN in not including it. I hate the notion of having to print a manual to take to the range, for example. It is nice that it is available online so that if you lose it (like I did my Zeus manual ... that I believe was left at the range), you still have access to information without having to pay for another one or wait 5-10 working days for one to be sent to you (not that this has EVER happened to me, LOL). It is that nowadays, companies often see printed manuals as an undue expense and costly reprintings are a pain when they change a feature, which is apt to happen with developing electronic technologies such as the unfinished X-sight or even my Zeus which had some feature different from the manual.

I would still rather get a manual than not, but I think the world is changing.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah Brian I did think of that but even Tyler thought it was shipped w one...I got it online such as it is. I still cannot get the video to play, very frustrating since I am not a computer software guy. The only reason to get the scope was for recording, so if I don't resolve this someone is going to get a deal!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
500mb is a lot for one video file when you put it in your PC what type of video file is it???

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
.mov file 90-500MB, 2-5 min, way too large.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For the price and what it is suppose to do a manual should have been sent. Heck fire man my Trijicon came with an owners manual!! BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can too but 90-500GB take a bit and cannot even email them.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is it MB, or GB? Between post #269/#271 you list both. Big difference.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
MB sorry

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Frank use VLC to view the video. It plays almost every type of video file. If it doesn't play it then there may be something wrong with the file.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Also IIRC .mov files are either uncompressed or are compressed only very little. That is why the file sizes are so large. You can download some file compression programs online for free that will reduce the size of the file and not lose video quality.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks E, I tried VLC, did not run the video then attached itself to the sd card in the scope, so had to delete it. I believe there is something wrong w the file or my computer will no play due to age, but I believe the files are being corrupted and ATN should have never used the .mov with no other options due to its lach of compression.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well so far as I know on the fly compression takes a little bit more processing power than just raw recording. That may be why they do that and not have it compress the video. May also be how they get all that done at a lower price.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't think the compression issue alone is what is allowing them to keep a lower price. In fact, I am not sure that they are really meeting it. They set the price and then offered the product for sale without first checking to see if they could actually get it together for that. Apparently, they could not, but they are stuck with the price for the first X-thousand units. So now they have released the product, unfinished, in order to recoup costs and to deal with disgruntled customers who ordered months and months ago for a product that would be out in just a few weeks.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't think the compression issue alone is what is allowing them to keep a lower price. In fact, I am not sure that they are really meeting it. They set the price and then offered the product for sale without first checking to see if they could actually get it together for that. Apparently, they could not, but they are stuck with the price for the first X-thousand units. So now they have released the product, unfinished, in order to recoup costs and to deal with disgruntled customers who ordered months and months ago for a product that would be out in just a few weeks.
Very possible. I just figured the processor was one of the places they skimped to keep the price down

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I only got it for recording my hunts so if I am not able to do that I will be very disappointed. However it is an OK day/night scope so if nothing else I should enjoy hunting w it at the price I got it at. I have not downloaded the Android app and try that to record instead of the unit but that is an option, just eats battery w wifi or gps on. But then I am not using lithium batteries yet.