Thermal suppressed 12 gauge takes 320lb boar

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very good video. I expected a slug from 40 yards to fold up most pigs like a worn out lawn chair. That boar was double tough.

I would like to see the effects of 00 buck on an average 150# and under hog. I bet piglets go pop if you're close enough.

Yes me too the previous night all we ran into was young sounders with 50 pounders. Originally I was going to load three slugs and then buck for the smaller ones, but after seeing all the small ones I changed it up. It backfired on me but he still went down!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Was that buck shot with flight control?

Was the slug used, a normal foster slug or something like the brenneke or the federal deep penetrator?

Nice shooting btw tough animals.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This was the second boar hit with the shotgun he was right at 120 yards I hit him low in the front legs breaking both of them he still ran 40 yards and collapsed. The guys hunting with him hit him with two 120gr SST's from the Six8's to make sure he stayed down. He was almost 290 pounds.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweet. I will be looking for the results.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Buck shot was
Was that buck shot with flight control?

Was the slug used, a normal foster slug or something like the brenneke or the federal deep penetrator?

Nice shooting btw tough animals.
Flight control with full choke.

Slug was brenneke 1oz going 1587fps.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Damn. Very tough animals

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I love the look of the shotgun with the suppressor and zeus. Nothing else like it.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Amazing that hog took a slug at that range and just took off. The 12 gauge with a suppressor looks huge. Great video to,show big hog are way hard to,kill

Eddy Gein

LSB Member
That ol boar done got the blues.
As always awesome video, shooting & gear. Two thumbs up.
Man the thermal tech seems to be moving in light years, wasn't that long ago we talked & you said no-go for thermal on my .458 SOCOM & now it's handling magnum 12 gage & up WOW.

I am very disappointed with the suppressor though, it didn't sound anything like No Country for Old Men.
Tell em to work on it LOL.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Eddy Gein?? That's just ain't right. One twisted sick man there. We grew up near that guy and the stories were always told to everyone.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That ol boar done got the blues.
As always awesome video, shooting & gear. Two thumbs up.
Man the thermal tech seems to be moving in light years, wasn't that long ago we talked & you said no-go for thermal on my .458 SOCOM & now it's handling magnum 12 gage & up WOW.

I am very disappointed with the suppressor though, it didn't sound anything like No Country for Old Men.
Tell em to work on it LOL.

Suppressors don't sound like the movies but they do help! You coming to the meet and greet next weekend it's right by you?