LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A little added detail

0302161206_zpsrefjnevx.jpg

0302161549a_zpshddjich6.jpg

And the finished knives.

0302161551_zpslzkk3fwg.jpg

0302161549_zpsltaujmeu.jpg

I wish I could capture the iridescence of the wood on the black handled knife. It is gorgeous!!

Here are my backpackers knives. They weigh in at 3oz.

0302161548_zps1f8paacc.jpg

Well guys it has been fun. I hope you all have a better idea of what goes into making a custom knife. It can be done differently and faster. This is how I do it and find it works best for me.

I will be happy to answer any questions. Thanks for hanging in there. I know it takes much more time than most think. Have a great day. I need to go make some more dust.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WAIT!!!! I don't want it to end yet. This is one of the best threads we've had on here.

I will do more in the future. Need to get ready for 2 shows in the next month.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I bought some stabilized burl pecan scales for my project and then decided that since I am working with mystery steel I would save that until after I decide if the design is something I want to keep.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some really nice work you do there a real talent!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job. Very nice knives. Good build thread too.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You sir are a true artists. If my memory is still working. In the Bowie movie played by Alan Ladd his blade was made from a meteorite. The skinning knife you showed on the regular LoneStar page showed a shinning knife with gut hook. Can you make one? If so IM and tell me how much.