Telehunting - Pig Down!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian how do you have that set up? I get 1000 pics a week from 1 camera as the hogs may spend 6-8 hrs on a roll barrel, then the same thing the next night..

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ATT_1385030226035_PIC.JPG You can pay $20 a month and go unlimited. I pay 10 for the 1000 pics. The cams can't send faster than 1 pic per minute and it is closer to no more than 1 in 90 seconds.

I apparently don't have as much activity as you.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well i could set that cam to take every 2-3 min instead of every 30 sec. I looked but never saw a $10-20 plan unless that part is my carrier and since I am an hour from the lease it is not as important.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Itsazonik,

We drive until we get to about 200 yards from the hogs then we stalk in for the kill. Very little walking takes place in my neck of the woods. However, the windows of the truck are down and the heat is only 1-2 degrees above the outside temp to keep the optics from fogging. Its still a little chilly, but keeps us out of the wind and a lot more mobile.

We did a fair share of walking last night LOL!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
See....... Walking in the cold. Build me a tree stand with a heater, I'll be good

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
But walking keeps you a lot warmer than sitting next to a heater. Our bodies are built to stay warm by moving and eating. Don't be a weiner. LOL. We did walk a lot Saturday night. We just kept finding more hogs before we made it back to the truck.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't know, cold is cold. I might freeze to death. We were also built for tropical climates. I don't even think I have any of my cold weather gear anymore. I have lived in hot climates for the past 10 years. I might still have my old snow camo

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well i could set that cam to take every 2-3 min instead of every 30 sec. I looked but never saw a $10-20 plan unless that part is my carrier and since I am an hour from the lease it is not as important.

The $10 and $20 packages are AT&T GoPhone prepaid packages. All of the cellular game cameras currently work on GSM (AT&T, T-Mobile) and do not work on CDMA (Sprint, Verizon,Metro PCS, several others).

I don't think distance has anything to do with need. It all depends on whether you think there is utility. I like knowing what is going on at my place even when I can't be there. I think it is very cool to know the movements of my critters. I have a couple of big bucks I keep track of as well as a tailless raccoon that makes the rounds. Of course, the pigs are neat to watch.

I don't get pig activity at each of my feeders or trails all of the time. It is nice to be able to head up to hunt and already know where the activities have been going on without having to hike the property and check all the cameras. I still have other cameras, but check them less often now, usually during other activities while on the property.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am so wanting at least one of these, I also think it would be cool while at the lease in a different stand to see them hitting an area I could stalk into. Can you please list the best deals on the cams themselves? too bad they do not work on existing cams.

Also is there a plan for a continuous feed of a live cam like a goPro?

Last edited:

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DPMS .308.
Shot was about 40 yards through the woods.
Sow ran approximately 50 yards up hill out of the bottoms and left a huge blood trail...which was helpful given that it was raining.
Managed to die about 10 yards into the middle of a briar patch.
Estimated at a bit less than 100 lbs.

Ken said that after he shot, all the other pigs that he had not seen or heard all took off running at the same time, through the brush and up out of the creek bottom. He attempted to follow them in the direction they went, but never caught sign of them again.

View attachment 760

View attachment 761
How long do you think it takes to 'space shuttle' that size hog? See attachment 761 above

I like the fact that you/he got the good stuff and left the rest for our feathered friends

Last edited:

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Really nice, cool having the cameras to see what is there and put on the stalk