SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think they should take you up at night, film it for a commercial to sell more "night hunting" by helo

Sound very difficult but extremely fun! I'm still waiting for my turn in the daytime lol!

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Might have more dead hunters then hogs with aerial hog shooting at night. If a night stalker pilot botched night landing during b-ladin raid which they train for over and over imagine civi pilot at night close to the ground (deadman zone).

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Too dangerous. Its hard enough to dodge power lines, tree limbs, etc in the daylight. Night vision doesn't make it any easier.

I have a friend who finished his commercial helo license a couple of months ago. He said NV flight is really tough.

Good luck with the ranch TLM. I don't have a clue what will happen. I hate to say it but I think the hogs might be run off the property unless they are smart and hunker down in the thickest brambles they can find. However, I hope you price me wrong 30 times over. Meaning 30 dead hogs in a weekend!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Are you shooting this suppressed, super or sub sonic? Does it damage your suppressor to run super when you don't reload?

only thing that can cause damage on a suppressor when shooting supersonic, is too short of a barrel. I limited to 10.5" minimum for supersonic on my .223 Wylde and 11.5" or so on my 6.8, currently running a 12.5" *** 6.8 with my Whisper suppressor....

looking forward to the video's Todd with the thermal....

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Maybe zeppelin night hunts float over the Texas prairie and kill everything that looks like a hog :D

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'll fly in just about any conditions, but no way would I ever attempt to fly under NVG's and hunt hogs at the same time! I would prefer to die of natural causes at a MUCH later date.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hello hunting is very expensive $800 to 1k per hour dang out of my price range

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TL what does that sight weight?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After looking at this I believe the W-1000 is the best bet and value in Thermal for a hunter, lots of draw backs for many of the others.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I agree with you. There is not a thermal out there that out performs it for the money

Harris hawker

LSB Member
You have had this thermal for 24-48 hours already, right?
Who does a guy have to $&@$ to get a video made round here?!
The suspense is freaking KILLING ME!!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My in laws were late getting here to help with the baby got a late start!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Put the baby out in the yard and take the video, solved!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Frank, that sounds like something I would think of. But, I would probably go to jail for most of the things I think of.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well not in a bad way, you know kids have to earn their keep, she could be the newest Star of the Night Vision World!

Beside can you go to jail for anything in "Deep East Texas"?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, I knew it!!! A proud Daddy!

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I told a buddy about ident and karma hooked him up with a w-1000. we took it out and i seen something with my thermal and i said we need to to check and see if we had hogs. Trey looked and said it's hogs, I said we need go make sure. Trey said hell i see there tails wiggling , lol from 300 yards, the w-1000 is amazing.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow, now that is a scope!