Some pictures of wild boars too far south of Texas!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
COOL!

Is the swinging plate on the bottom important, or just a noise maker for when it hits the feeder legs?
I think he said they hit it to release more feed. That looks like a perfect two for one shot there!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think he said they hit it to release more feed. That looks like a perfect two for one shot there!
Just makes the finger itch, don't it? LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Andre, the hole must be just large enough for the chain to go through, right?

Andre Lopes

Boar Hunter from Southern Brazil
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Andre, the hole must be just large enough for the chain to go through, right?
Yes, and to pass corn through the hole. The chain is aligned in the center of the hole. Around the chain, the corn gets stuck. If the chain moves, corn slips through the space created.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So unless you want them to get all your corn in one night you need a fairly small hole.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
But........seems to me that the more they would use it, the bigger the hole would get and the more corn would pass thru. At some point seems that the bbl would have to be replaced. Wondering if the hole could be lined with a steel ring or etc.

Is this bbl made of steel or plastic ?? --- pruhdlr

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
But........seems to me that the more they would use it, the bigger the hole would get and the more corn would pass thru. At some point seems that the bbl would have to be replaced. Wondering if the hole could be lined with a steel ring or etc.

Is this bbl made of steel or plastic ?? --- pruhdlr
Actually it does not. The bbl is made of plastic and even so the hole does not extend. But nothing prevents you to put a steel ring inside, the other outside, and attach with screws.
Another device that can be used is as follows: A PVC pipe firmly attached to a post and with a hole underneath. When you fill the pipe, the food comes out a little but then stops, it will only be released as they are consumed!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wow, very nice!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice Hog Andre, say all that corn on the ground in the last pic of the ground feeder there is more than I feed in a week, how much is corn there?

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice Hog Andre, say all that corn on the ground in the last pic of the ground feeder there is more than I feed in a week, how much is corn there?
Just put so much corn at the beginning to make the place attractive. Then one can decrease the amount of corn.
But corn is cheap ... you see:
A corn bag: $ 12
One round of sellier & bellot 243 caliber: $ 5 (it is very expensive in Brazil)
See the boar falling through his riflescope: there is no money in the world to pay it!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
not $12USD a 50 lb bag?? please tell me not so. I am still high at 9.50 a 50, bulk corn(none close to me)$300 a ton.