Some pictures of wild boars too far south of Texas!

Andre Lopes

Boar Hunter from Southern Brazil
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My dears friends!
I bring you some new photos.
The other day I posted some information saying that to shoot faster, I used a riflescope with European reticle. Well, this is the reticle, called German.

For you to understand some pictures of my hunting area, I'll put here an outline of how it is mounted. In this scheme, you will see where the trail cam is installed and will understand the field of view of the photos.

In this photo, the boars arrived in a group of 6 animals. As I wanted to have a barbecue, I chose one that seemed more appropriate to the size of my hunger ...

And here in this photo, you can already see it with their feet up. Note the time of the photos ... the difference is three minutes between one picture and another!

Then there's more!

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
You don't worry about the cattle in the back ground? I see they are to your right hand side and out of the line of fire but can they get behind the kill area?
In fact, during the day it is easy to take care and not hit the cattle. At night it would be more dangerous but usually cattle retires to another location before dark.
Thanks for asking!

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dear friends, a few more pictures.

This hunt, I spent the whole night in the blind. It was worth it because I got down three boars!

Again, the same three boars ... The boar behind the red Jeep was a friend who dropped him.

This photo was now a friend who sent me. He dropped a boar before dawn and did not want to pick it up. He took a nap and when he woke up, he came upon the scene ... some predators attacking the boar. It's kind of coyote have here.

Result of the attack of predators ...

and one last photo, so you can see that here too there are many wild boar!

That's all folks!

Andre

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Andre, thanks for the pics and all the info. I for one am very interested how people in other parts of the world hunt hogs. I live in extreme NW Florida and down here(i guess UP HERE to you)we hunt the river swamps. I have used a boat to hunt with just to be able to access more areas that is for the most part unaccessible by any other means.

I noticed allot of corn on the ground in one of your pics. I was wondering if that was free to you or how much it costs. I just bought two barrels of "dry corn"(off the cob and fairly clean)for $6.50 per bushel(56lbs). This is down from this time last year when it was $8.50 per bushel.

What different chamberings do you use for hog hunting,and does anyone reload their own ammo ?? Is it easy to get from the store ?? --- pruhdlr

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
can you imagine what it would be like if you could hunt at night with NVG.

No telling. Nice ambush set up/

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Andre, thanks for the pics and all the info. I for one am very interested how people in other parts of the world hunt hogs. I live in extreme NW Florida and down here(i guess UP HERE to you)we hunt the river swamps. I have used a boat to hunt with just to be able to access more areas that is for the most part unaccessible by any other means.
I noticed allot of corn on the ground in one of your pics. I was wondering if that was free to you or how much it costs. I just bought two barrels of "dry corn"(off the cob and fairly clean)for $6.50 per bushel(56lbs). This is down from this time last year when it was $8.50 per bushel.
What different chamberings do you use for hog hunting,and does anyone reload their own ammo ?? Is it easy to get from the store ?? --- pruhdlr
Hello friend!
Inside my fenced area I have two feeders with a capacity of 50 kg of corn each. One is electronic / automatic and the other has a hole underneath where a chain was passed and as the boar runs into the chain, corn falls.
Whenever I go fill the feeders I spread some corn on the ground and also some ears of corn as they like.
The prices are as follows: Doing a quick conversion, I paid $ 8.00 each bag of corn with 25 kg. Bags of ears of corn with 20 Kg cost around $ 5.00. So if my feeders are empty I'll spend $ 32.00 to supply them another $ 10.00 for spreading ears of corn. So with $ 42.00 I have stocked my area for at least a month.
I'm currently hunting with a rifle CZ 601 model ZKK caliber 243 win. Use Sellier & Bellot ammunition 100 grains and have good results. But I have good experience with my recipe, using 30-30 Win caliber. I use Barnes SSTX bullets of 168 grains and 30 grains of a powder manufactured here in Brazil. The result of this shot is the real "Black Hog Down"!
Most hunters here in Brazil using the caliber 308 Win, some use the 300 Win Magnum caliber and some even use the caliber 375 H & H! Here we do not use the 223 caliber!
Thanks for the opportunity to bring some information!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
the other has a hole underneath where a chain was passed and as the boar runs into the chain, corn falls.

Andre, next time you go out, will you get some closeup images of this? I would like to see how it works, hole size, chain size, etc.

LOL, it looks like the 3 boars broke the carrier off your Pajero!

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Andre, next time you go out, will you get some closeup images of this? I would like to see how it works, hole size, chain size, etc.

LOL, it looks like the 3 boars broke the carrier off your Pajero!
Brian,
gives a look at the picture ...

The feeder on the left is the one with the electronic equipment. It is an analog device that is programmed to spread corn 6 am and 6 pm.
The right equipment is what has the chain. The hole size depends on the size of the chain links. It is very simple to do:
- A hole in the middle of a gallon
- A chain whose length is from the floor to the gallon
- An iron bar with a length slightly smaller than the diameter of gallon
How to assemble:
- Enter the iron bar on the first link in the chain
- Insert the other end of the chain into the hole inside the gallon
- When it is stretched, the iron bar will prevent the chain going out through the hole

Now just fill the gallon of corn. Fall some corn but then the weight of corn will make it stay stuck. But the current move and you will see that the corn will fall in small portions. And when the movement of the chain, corn also stops falling.

Easy, is not it?

A hug for you, my friend!
A.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This seems like a good idea. I have never heard of a bbl being set up this way before. We all have the timer/motor to dispense the feed at given times during the day/night. Mine goes off/slings corn just before dark and about 1 hour before first light. If I know that I will hunt a spot at night I will set the feeder to sling corn when I am there.

I also have a roll barrel on two of my plots and when the hogs get at them it will wake me from a dead sleep from 80yds away. I put dry corn,a small amount of cheap dog food,and a couple of pieces of angle iron in the bbls. The angle iron will help keep the bait from clumping up. As the bbl is rolled it also makes a hellova racket. I have gotten out of my truck at midnight and heard the bbl being thrashed from 350yds away.

I suspect it is simply trial and error to get the hole in the bottom of the bbl and the size of chain so that only a very small amount of corn comes out. I will try this with a 30gal bbl suspended from a tree limb. --- pruhdlr

Last edited:

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
can you imagine what it would be like if you could hunt at night with NVG.

No telling. Nice ambush set up/
My friend!
You can not imagine how I would have a Pulsar NV Scope!
There are some things for me are the dream level only.
Another dream is to hunt with a gun AR-15 platform. This type of weapon can not be used in Brazil.
As it should be interesting to shoot with an AR-15 caliber 458!
But I intend to make a trip to Texas in the future and then I think I can try these toys!

Thank you!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My friend!
You can not imagine how I would have a Pulsar NV Scope!
There are some things for me are the dream level only.
Another dream is to hunt with a gun AR-15 platform. This type of weapon can not be used in Brazil.
As it should be interesting to shoot with an AR-15 caliber 458!
But I intend to make a trip to Texas in the future and then I think I can try these toys!

Thank you!
Come on up I'm sure something can be arranged!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looked like you have a can-can dance fixing to start up with that row of hogs on end. Either that... or, a line dance.