FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Continued good luck on the trip!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Three and a half days and 2600 miles and I am now in a third world country. We spent the night in St. Lucia last night. A very beautiful island country, but it's also very poor. The tourism industry is the main income. We have been privileged to see some gorgeous scenery, but not as much as I would have liked. The a/c crapped out on us the second day so to keep from melting, we flew at 7000' the rest of the trip. I get to spend a couple days here while they decide if we have to bring a different aircraft back. We really aren't looking forward to that. This trip has been a real ass kicker physically and mentally. Oh well, time to kick back and have a couple rum drinks to ease the nerves.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to hear that all's well in the crew safety dept. Busted A/C sucks. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
easier to fix the A/C, that sucks! Glad you made it, think of all the overtime!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
easier to fix the A/C, that sucks! Glad you made it, think of all the overtime!
I WISH!!! They got me to do this on my regular hitch, so there is no overtime involved. In fact, they won't even pay a per diem. I was given a pile of cash to use for our expenses and as long as I have receipts, it cost me nothing. Still, I can't complain.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How long are you there before they decide to bring the chopper back or wait for parts and a mechanic?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Going to Guyana manana??
Don't forget to get the T-Shirt!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We got the word this afternoon that we will be flying a different a/c back. We should leave Thursday or Friday to head back. This will be a slower and less comfortable a/c to fly. I will be glad when this hitch is over. I will need to kill something.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Be safe, and wave as you go by!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Safe travels Kemosabe.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sounds like you had a nice boring trip down there. I hope your return trip is just as boring. Boring is a good thing in aviation.

Stay safe and enjoy what you can. You're in the best office there is.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
First day on the road (air) home. Left Guyana this morning, landed in Trinidad for fuel and picked up a mechanic in case of problems, then on to St. Lucia for the night. Would be a good opportunity to sight see, but it's raining like hell. We leave tomorrow and pass over Martinique, Antigua and Barbuda then stop in St. Maarten for fuel. That's the place you see on YouTube videos of people holding on to a fence as airliners go full throttle only feet from them. Some get blown into the ocean. Tomorrows layover will be in the Dominican Republic again. I think I'm ready to get home.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to hear the update ... hope for safe travels till you make it home.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Safe travels! I bet you will be glad to get home!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We haven't had ANY pix yet. So, we DESERVE video of you hanging onto the fence with your mouth open and cheeks fully ballooned before launching into the ocean. We DESERVE that treat !!!