Killer Girls

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too cool! Hope I can get my 3 girls(4,2,1) so excited about hunting in a few yrs!

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
Too cool! Hope I can get my 3 girls(4,2,1) so excited about hunting in a few yrs!
It's really not hard. Girls like making daddy proud, and there is no way to hide your pride when you watch them successfully shoot and hunt. I start mine out at 4 shooting a small suppressed .22 with a red dot sight. A lot of people say to teach them on iron sights, but I disagree. It's easier to teach one fundamental at a time, and with irons you have to learn them all at once, and they won't see success right away, and become less interested. If they can master the easiest parts first (safety, trigger control, and breathing) without having to worry about sight alignment/picture they will experience instant success and find it much more enjoyable. Then, when they are competent with those, teach them how to use irons. They will be hooked.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's really not hard. Girls like making daddy proud, and there is no way to hide your pride when you watch them successfully shoot and hunt. I start mine out at 4 shooting a small suppressed .22 with a red dot sight. A lot of people say to teach them on iron sights, but I disagree. It's easier to teach one fundamental at a time, and with irons you have to learn them all at once, and they won't see success right away, and become less interested. If they can master the easiest parts first (safety, trigger control, and breathing) without having to worry about sight alignment/picture they will experience instant success and find it much more enjoyable. Then, when they are competent with those, teach them how to use irons. They will be hooked.
Makes sense to me, thanks for the help Delta. I am struggling a little getting the 4yr old to figure out the irons on her daisy. I'm gonna try the red dot now. Thanks!