Killer Girls

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
So, you have to be 6 years old in Arkansas to legally hunt deer. I've got three girls, 3,6, and 8. It was my 6 year old's first year getting to hunt. The 8 year old has killed 4 now. Aura, the middle one, is a bloodthirsty little lass, and has been dying to get out and draw some deer blood. About 3 weeks ago I got to sit with her in the stand and watch her harvest her first deer.

All my girls are very small for their age...the oldest two are 40lbs, so I built a really light (5.1lbs) AR in .300 BLK. I started with a match grade blank, threw it in the lathe, and turned a pencil profile .300 BLK barrel. The rest was just scrap parts we had laying around, but it works perfectly for their small stature.

Going back to the hunt, I'm sitting in a stand with a 6 year old that can't sit still for 3 seconds. The whole time she is kicking the stand, chatting, and asking if she can shoot squirrels and birds. The conversation shifted a little. She asked me to make a hand grenade so she could kill all the squirrels at once. "No honey, I didn't bring a hand grenade making kit with me." "Well dad, we have a silencer, so it won't scare the deer if we just shoot the squirrels!" "Not quite, it's still pretty loud." This goes on for an hour, when she zoned out for just long enough for a little spike to start working it's way to the feeder. She shouldered the rifle and tracked the deer all by herself, then made a perfect shot as soon as it stopped at 35 yards.

She helped with every step of cleaning and processing. She carried the heart around for about two hours before her mother finally made her give it up. Having a sensory disorder, apparently the squishy heart felt good to her, so she was reluctant to let it go.

12190986_1748489295381941_2810663677283353956_n.jpg

Another hunt the following day....
11202811_1648739695376358_9116668120020858870_n.jpg

She really wants that skin off....
YQZCYbD.jpg

And this is where she gets it....
The season before last, I was at church for a men's group and my wife texted me and said she got a deer. I got home and she already had it gutted at the house and started dressing it out.
PZHZjRI.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... That rocks! Way to go at starting them young. And got some good genes from mom too. Congrats to all. Great pix and tale. Thanks for sharing them.

Drift

LSB Member
Good going! With girls growing up it all about skill, and there is not much testosterone involved In today's age and political climate its probably more important to train daughters to be comfortable with violence and killing than it is to train sons. I started my daughter out much the same. The next step up was hunting hogs with a spear.

BRUTE

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome. Glad you have the girls involved.

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
And here they are processing that deer at my parent's house a couple years ago.
The oldest girl has been with either my mom or my dad for all 4 of her kills, so I'm looking forward to being with her when she harvests the next one. Unfortunately, she broke her collar bone so that won't be until next year.
cUulFpm.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... Great moment captured there. Couple of cuties right there.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great story and photos. You can be proud of your Daughters And Wife that are involved in hunting.
Their big grins in the pics are solid proof they enjoy deer hunting ! Congrats!!

Dennis

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck ya what a cutie!!! Good on ya youngun!!! Way to go dad and mom!! GOOD ON YA also!!! BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's awesome!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A hunting family, what a great deal...at 6 and tiny at that, you just have to love it!!

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
A hunting family, what a great deal...at 6 and tiny at that, you just have to love it!!
My wife got in to bow hunting about 4 years ago. Since we have 3 daughters, someone had to stay home and watch the kids while the other hunted. Since I'm crippled and wrapped around her finger, that was always me. I had also lost all interest in deer hunting after hunting pigs, people, and predators, so I didn't really care to go. I enjoy it again just sitting with the girls and watching them shoot.

Each one of them has their own .223 or .300blk AR, an AR in .22, and some other rimfire stuff. Once a month we have a family training day where we all brush up on our different shooting skills, including CCW for mom and I, and supported rifle shooting for the girls. It's really brought back the fun for me being able to pass on my knowledge to them, and watching them enjoy it so much.

People always say how spoiled the youngest generation is. It's definitely true...they always complain if they have to shoot a gun without a suppressor!

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done, you are certainly doing it right...Thank you

I love it," I don't shoot w/o a suppressor"!

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
Good going! With girls growing up it all about skill, and there is not much testosterone involved In today's age and political climate its probably more important to train daughters to be comfortable with violence and killing than it is to train sons. I started my daughter out much the same. The next step up was hunting hogs with a spear.
I already "liked" this post, but I'm quoting it just because there wasn't a "super like" button.

dman62

LSB Member
You are probably the coolest dad at your kids school! Your girls really seem to keep the freezers full. Dad just drags them out of the woods. I'm 6'4" 210 lbs and I like my guns light so I am liking that build. I have the same fore end on my 6.8.

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
You are probably the coolest dad at your kids school! Your girls really seem to keep the freezers full. Dad just drags them out of the woods. I'm 6'4" 210 lbs and I like my guns light so I am liking that build. I have the same fore end on my 6.8.
Yeah, they are home schooled, so I pretty much own that title like a boss!
Actually, we are part of a homeschool program called Classical Conversations (it's a national thing) so they go to "school" every tuesday and have about 35 kids there. Every family has to do a presentation every semester. Last week was our turn, so we let the girls talk about killing stuff and fed all the kids deer jerky. We pretty much attained superhero status with that one.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
:eek: Give it a few years... when they're all "sync'd" too.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great looking family ...