I hate zombie pigs!

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Update on Zombie status...

Time of death: 9:13 PM.
Cause of death was mutliple gun shot wounds..again.

I was on my way to my honey hole and the location I shot the hog last night is on the way. So i turn on my night vision and use my binocular to zoom in on the feeder from about 500 yards and he was drinking from the water trough. I get out of the truck and put the stalk on him. I sneak up close to the feeder and lost track of him. All the sudden he pops out of the brush about 25 yards in front of me and starts heading my way. He was facing me so I put the IR laser between his eyes an fire away. Landed the shot but this S.O.B takes off. I fire again and land a shoulder shot. He stumbles but gets right back up into a full sprint. I fire again and get him behind the ear. He is finally down! And his brains are nearly pouring out of his skull!!!

I found an exit wound from the night before that had fully clotted up. It was high and behind the shoulder. So this was certainly the same guy. He was one tough bastard.

Well after the slaying of zombie hog I finally reach my intended destination. Well what do ya know. Another big boar. He was in the road left of the feeder, and I wasnt sure if he was coming or going so I had to take the shot because he kept walking away from the feeder I would be out of luck. Kind of a long shot to use a IR laser at 150 yards, but it was potentially now or never. I fire and hit him in the shoulder. He takes off running and I nail him a second time. He barrel rolls and gets up again. At this point I am dumbfounded. Yet another tough as nails hog who refuses to die. I watch him run down the road about 350 yards out and he is walking around in circles and zig zagging. It was clear he was in bad shape. I make the drive to the location of the first shot and this time there was plenty of blood. I follow the trail for over 300 yards in the road and he apparently turned and went into the brush. Me being an idiot decided to walk and continue following the trail. I get about 100 yards into the thicket when I decided to call it quits. Simply to thick of brush and tight quarters and with a potentially still alive pissed off pig, I felt my good health was better than a recovery.

So there ya go... Two zombie hogs in back to back nights.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on slamming the door on the first one. Great follow-up work ! M'be the buzzards will give you some help with the other one?

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Unfortunately I am heading back home in the morning. So zombie hog #2 will not get recovered. Should be good eating for the buzzards.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, with all that "whacking" he took, #1 should at least be tenderized. LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's why we hunt them, great adventure!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A wild hunt with tough hogs, sounds fun!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good shooting, always good to bag that zombie. sorry you couldn't chase down the second one