LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
4K and "use your own gopro" LOL OK I am at the Buy now page...RD your card please! Then send me your go pro!

What has my interest is... a Thermal Imaging device to attach to your Go Pro? I'm sure that most of that $4K is the Thermal device.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
$4k is way overkill for a thermal device that is no better than my $350 Flir One Iphone case.

You guys want to chip in toward a http://flir.com/flirvue/ Flir Vue that is a 640 core and $3K, I'll build the quad for well under the remaining $1K.

In fact I'm designing a quad currently that should be able to stay aloft for 35-40 minutes and carry one of these cameras.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
An 80x60 lepton core, it's a small step above guess work at short range.
LOL... I missed that one. Pretty sad. The link showed up at the bottom ad banner here... gave it a click to see what it was all about.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There goes RD's money w the adds I am up to Sub-Total: $4,395.00

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is that not a little hard at the end drowning your motors/gear? Pretty cool but he could have done the same thing in a field or meadow?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm in! It's a lot nicer dropping from 10' into water than on to land and breaking bones and machine I assume.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Most of the components can be waterproofed pretty well depending on the design. The motors don't care about the water at all.

I think Dan is right I think the water is just a safety device to keep him from killing himself if it flipped.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The new Silver Surfer

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cute.... but, can it do flips ?? LOL

That's amazing, right there.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For those interested in some of my other projects. This is a new distribution board that I'm testing before I start marketing it.

It replaces one of the frame plates in this frame.
http://www.multirotorsuperstore.com/frames/zmr250-carbon-fiber-mini-quadcopter.html
zmr.jpg
It removes the need for much of the wiring that is normally needed to build the frame into a flyable quad. Including spots for both 5v, 12v voltage regulators as well as any one of 3 different on screen display units.

ZMR-1.jpg
Anyway, just another fun project I thought I'd share.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Your are pretty talented there!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice and clean. I have been too busy. Last time I picked up my little drone was when I did that indoor video, that was a while ago.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I haven't flown more than 2 feet off the floor for almost a month now. With all the rain and real life getting in the way it's kept me grounded. It did give me the chance to design a few more distribution boards and fix some quads that just needed a little TLC to get back in the air. But the idea of landing in a soggy field isn't too appealing....

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I haven't flown since I last posted about trying out my new Q350. Either weather, or been busy with this/that. I need to get out and give it another whirl, and try out the GoPro too.

Those new boards look good there Oso. You going to do that for the one that has the vertical side supports too?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ah... the HAVOC line already had your magic touch in them... you're just helping other models catch up and clean up. Nice.