6 yr old gets a monster hawg !

ranch dawg

GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
012114IFONE2930_zpsa6e5c674.jpg

Took my grandson Dillon deer hunting again this past weekend hoping to get his first deer. We had talked about what we would do if a large hog came out. He said if a "monster hawg" comes out, we would both shoot it together at the same time on the count of 3. We had practiced our count on the way driving down to the ranch and even when we got into the blind. We were ready. ( LOL ). We got into the blind at 3:00 pm and after getting settled in he says hes gonna take a short nap. Well at 5 :00 this monster hawg comes out and is making his way to the feeder which is 70 yards in front of the blind. As I am trying to wake Dillon, the hawg gets closer and closer to the blind. He was eating on a large pile of corn we spread out. I finally get Dillon on his feet and the hawg is 40 yards broadside. We both have our rifles out the windows and I whisper to him, are you ready for me to count. He says yes, and I count one, BOOOOOM, he shoots, I jump, the hawg flips over. I say loudly WHAT DID YOU DO ? He says loudly, YOU FREAKED ME OUT WHEN YOU SAID ONE ! LOL, after watching the hawg for about 5 minutes we walked up to it and it was popping his worn down cutters and kicking his back leg. I get Dillon in position and he shoots the hawg again in the chest. DRT. Fun times with grandson, will never forget it !

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holy Cow, nice hog !!! Didja measure it's girth? Congrats to ya both !

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well Dillon you are the Giant Hawg Killer Congrats!! You too Grandpa for passing it along! Too funny One, BOOM!

ranch dawg

GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol,,,he said "PawPaw, when are you gonna shoot a hawg ? " Didn't measure it, I have before, and the measurement would have indicated over 400 on a smaller hawg than this. I ll get scales one day.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is great !!!!!!!!!

And TLM is right. I never could count.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol,,,he said "PawPaw, when are you gonna shoot a hawg ? " Didn't measure it, I have before, and the measurement would have indicated over 400 on a smaller hawg than this. I ll get scales one day.
I would say high 200 range :)

ranch dawg

GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wish you would say 250 and have a 6 yr old SUS member !

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I did some good ole fashion Redneck calculations and by comparing the rifle, earmuffs and vegitation. I say it weighs 250.1 pounds exactly. Make him a member man. LOL

ranch dawg

GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Or a bottle of Crown, Lol. #18. Hawg Master Dillon ! Sounds right.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
tell him not to feel bad, Michelle has killed hundreds and she still can't do the count method.
congrats

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, this little piggy went WEEE WEEE WEEE, all the way to the range.