Zombie Pig Story

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So I guess you never found him????
I looked again Monday and nothing. Who knows the yotes and bobcats may have cleaned up. O well another fish story

I know I hit the sweet spot, because he dropped like a bag of rocks after the first shot and hit at least one more time to the body. I guess now I will put two in the brain bucket for good measure. This is the first time the 120 SST and 6.8 SPC has let me down.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The big Obama sow I shot last weekend took four hits with 120 says before she went down. The last shot was low on the shoulder at 15 yards! That's when she gave up. The rest were neck and high on the shoulder. Seems like once they start running momentum and adrenaline keep them going. Tough critters!

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I looked again Monday and nothing. Who knows the yotes and bobcats may have cleaned up. O well another fish story

I know I hit the sweet spot, because he dropped like a bag of rocks after the first shot and hit at least one more time to the body. I guess now I will put two in the brain bucket for good measure. This is the first time the 120 SST and 6.8 SPC has let me down.
Might be it just ducked?

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have found 30cal bullets in 180-200lbs hogs armor plate on multiple occasions. Hell I have shot a hog in the shoulder with my 30-06 and had to reshoot him the "texas heart shot" way to kill him, when skinned out, the bullet was only 3" under the skin and armor. Pigs are double tough. I also don't like neck shots on the bigger hogs, if you miss the spine, a lot of times the bigger hogs have enough muscle to keep the bullet from breaking their neck. Draw a line from their ear hole to eyeball and a hit along that line will KO them every time. Otherwise I try for a double lung shot where it will bust a shoulder/leg going in or out. If he cant run away the coup de gras' is much simpler!

Sorry to hear about the zombie hog!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know for a fact I hit him in his neck. Hit the dirt then one minute later flapping around like only hind legs working. I guess I just knocked him out and failed to break the spinal cord. Next time I am taking a headshot.
Might be it just ducked?

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know for a fact I hit him in his neck. Hit the dirt then one minute later flapping around like only hind legs working. I guess I just knocked him out and failed to break the spinal cord. Next time I am taking a headshot.
just funning with ya Wassman, I hope they aren't able to duck incoming rounds, could make things a little sporty!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As short as their legs are... they can't duck far.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Watch out there junior, that's one of them thar Matrix boars.
matrix-pigs.jpg

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Google is a powerful thing

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I agree RD always finds some interesting pics. I am starting to think he has a Google server in his house.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Or just way to much time on his hands

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Where do you find this crap!!lol
Actually... (though my Google fu is strong) I "Bing". I'm still pissed at Google for their removal of the "shop" feature in their Search Engine for ANYTHING having to do with guns/knives.

I'm not an iPhone fan, but tempted to switch over to that platform JUST to remove one more layer of Google from my life.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Draw a line from their ear hole to eyeball and a hit along that line will KO them every time.

I debunked that theory this weekend! :eek: