Zeus Pro Back From Armasight

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just got my Armasight zeus pro 100 back from the factory after they installed the new software. It's amazing! Had some tech issues when I first got it, as with any new product, but in this rare case Dimitri and his crew listened and made the fixes needed to qualify this unit as tier one. Specifically they made the auto gain an option you can turn off...and I like mine off, and their hd dvr recorder comes filtered no more having to rig up a filter on the video in cable. I've got mine set up with the laser rangefinder unit and I couldn't be happier. I routinely make shots of 500 yds on our small piece of Texas heaven and unless you've plotted your firing positions and distances before dark taking a shot over your weapons point blank distance is a wild assed guess at best (wag) because of the lack of depth perception through any NVD. Lazing the target and getting your distance through the scope puts precision round placement as easy as getting your come ups off your dope card and letting her rip. If I've the time later I'll put up some videos.

Yes the updated firmware is a very welcomed improvement!

Daryl licht

LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is something to shoot 500yds at night thru a thermal, would love to see the video...
With the optics on the 100mm you no longer have to wait for night or a major temperature differential to shoot. I have armor plate hogs off the back deck out to 500yds and have been making hits all day with a pencil barrel ar in .223...love those green tips. It's 86 outside and not a cloud in the sky. Will post videos as soon as I figure out how. As far as it goes I've made kills through a FLIR T-50 with a 4x ACOG behind it at 500. With the Zeus pro 100mm you can crank it up to 32x. Not sure how you can miss. The wind is a far bigger issue than the optics.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm glad to hear that. I just talked to Andrew today and they shipped my new unit today with overnight Saturday shipping, with no cost to me. That alone shows how much Armasight cares about their customers. He told me it just got updated with all the newest software today before shipping it so I'm excited for that.

Daryl, what do you mean about the filters? I use the UNV MDVR.
Also I'd like to see video of your long range shots. Like wth the range finder on screen. Not saying I don't believe you I just want to see how that range finder works. Like how it aims accurately.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
With the optics on the 100mm you no longer have to wait for night or a major temperature differential to shoot. I have armor plate hogs off the back deck out to 500yds and have been making hits all day with a pencil barrel ar in .223...love those green tips. It's 86 outside and not a cloud in the sky. Will post videos as soon as I figure out how. As far as it goes I've made kills through a FLIR T-50 with a 4x ACOG behind it at 500. With the Zeus pro 100mm you can crank it up to 32x. Not sure how you can miss. The wind is a far bigger issue than the optics.

Yeah daytime is one thing, I never shoot more than 200yds so 500 and especially at night is a figment of my imagination for me...lol

Daryl licht

LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm glad to hear that. I just talked to Andrew today and they shipped my new unit today with overnight Saturday shipping, with no cost to me. That alone shows how much Armasight cares about their customers. He told me it just got updated with all the newest software today before shipping it so I'm excited for that.

Daryl, what do you mean about the filters? I use the UNV MDVR.
Also I'd like to see video of your long range shots. Like wth the range finder on screen. Not saying I don't believe you I just want to see how that range finder works. Like how it aims accurately.
The range finder clips onto the rail of the pro series from Armasight. I can take a picture maybe through the units viewfinder of the Lazers info on the screen but the rangefinder plugs into the same (and only) external port on the thermal...one or the other, lazer or camera so far we can't have both. Once the units connected to the thermal and the thermal is boresighted to the weapon system you pick a target that is within you weapons parameters (on my .308 I use 200 yards), make sure the weapon is secure and turn on the lazer. The lazer comes equipped with elevation and windage adjustments but your going to need some form of night vision device to spot the Lazers beam. I find it handy to have a friend keep the weapon on target (I use the end of a frozen water bottle) while I adjust the beam of the lazer until it is on target as well. Now when your out and about looking for hogs and you aquire a target you hit a button on the side of the lazer and the distance pops up in the eyepiece image of the thermal. The lazer sits approximately 3" from the bore of your weapon so at 400 yds the beam is 3" off center, well within minute of hog. I know exactly where my rounds impact at what distance so it's a simple matter to transfer that data onto the reticle system of your choice (the scope has many)...then squeeze. The range finder works on targets out to 2000 yds so 500 is really not that much of a shot. Now when someone puts this setup on a .338 lapua and starts taking hogs at distances we thought unbelievable just a few years ago then we'll have something.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the explanation. That clears it up a lot. I'm glad to hear the range finders work good.
Does anyone know where to find the info for the subtensions for the reticles?

Daryl licht

LoneStarBoars Supporter
On the reticle I'm using they're in mils, and surprisingly for a digital reticle they stay put even when going through the digital zoom.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On the reticle I'm using they're in mils, and surprisingly for a digital reticle they stay put even when going through the digital zoom.
Thats good to hear. I haven't got to see how well they work yet as all my shots have been under 100 with it.

On a side note where have I seen your avatar before?

Daryl licht

LoneStarBoars Supporter
I drew this up a couple years ago and have only used it on one other forum and that was snipers hide. I got kicked out of it though for asking the wrong questions. The hide put out a video showing Larry Vickers, a ret. SGT. Major from the shooting range, and Frank (the owner of the hide) shooting a .338 at something like 1500 or 2000 yds. in the wind and taking 15 or 20 shots to make a hit...all the while talking about how great the glass was on this new spotting scope. I posted a comment on how this was a precision shooting site based on the premise of one shot one kill and hadn't seen such a display since I was in the army in the early 70's and they called it "accurracy by volume". I then went on to mention that I hope that fat assed Larry at least had the decency to give Frank a reach around for having having him be the trigger puller during that disgusting display. I got kicked off the next day. I'll probably get kicked off this site as well as I'm much more concerned with performance than pimping products. I have bought over 50,000 dollars worth of NVD's in the last 4 years with my own money and have no interest in anything but accurate information, accurate weapons and accurite optics.

Daryl licht

LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg
Yeah daytime is one thing, I never shoot more than 200yds so 500 and especially at night is a figment of my imagination for me...lol
Just figured out how to post a pictue. This is the view from our back deck. There is live spring water in all the canyons and headers you can see which means here in the Texas hill country...hog paradise. I despise the idea of hog s taking a dump in the lake so I became a user of whatever it takes to get rid of them. Hence my interest and use of night vision equipment. The first hill in view is from 400 to 600 yards away so my hitting a 500 yd pig happens almost daily wether it one of the steel hog targets I have set out for practice or a live one. I would take a 1000 yard shot at one which is the next hill away but if I just wounded one my ears are bad enough I couldn't hear it squeal. Damn, put the picture in upside down

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For pictures it is best to use photobucket then link them here.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Saturday I got my unit back and got to run through all the new settings. Just for the little time I spent outside going through the new adjustments I was impressed with the better image quality. And my digital zoom finally works as it should!
Haven't gotten a chance yet to get out and hunt with it though as I had some family matters come up over the weekend but plan to hunt with it soon.
Also I just got off the phone with Andrew from Armasight who was calling just to make sure I received it and was happy with it so far. Their customer service continues to impress!

Daryl licht

LoneStarBoars Supporter
Getting rid of that auto gain was their biggest step in the right direction for my money but you can tell they listened to the feedback they were given and then acted upon it....a rare thing in today's coorporate world. The small things they've done sure make life easier. My new zeus units have a much better battery cap and I no longer have to tighten it with pliers. The objective lens cap is no longer like trying to slide on a piece of schedule 80 pvc and is now a nice fitting soft rubber cap. The units were damn near sighted in and I had to adjust the boresight very little to get the rounds hitting where I wanted them too. Even the new carrying bag has been improved. Now that Armasight has blown away their competition with these upgrades they could seal the deal in my opinion by offering a second port allowing you too run the laser and dvr at the same time. It is in no way a deal breaker if they don't as they are the only outfit in town to offer a through the lens rangefinder and that is simply magnificent.