Zeus Pro Back From Armasight

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey all, just got my Zeus Pro 336 50mm 60hz back from Armasight from getting repaired. Got it back with everything as it should be on the unit and am very pleased with the way they took care of me. They even next day shipped it back to me so I could have it for a very important hunt this weekend.
Only thing that I have in my head about it is that for some reason I think our standard Zeus 336 42mm looks clearer, crisper, and more detailed, and even that I can make out hogs at further distances with it than my Pro. It just seems like I can't quite get my Pro focused completely. Even when I turn smart scene, contrast, and sharpness to 0 it just doesn't look as clear or detailed. Anyone else with a Pro line experience this? I'd think it would at least have the same picture if not clearer since they're both 336 cores but my Pro has a 50mm lens vs a 42mm. Kinda bugs me since it was an extra $1000 and its not as detailed as the cheaper one...
Anyway killed another boar with it tonight so it still gets the job done.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Only thing that I have in my head about it is that for some reason I think our standard Zeus 336 42mm looks clearer, crisper, and more detailed, and even that I can make out hogs at further distances with it than my Pro.

Was this why the pro was in for repair in the first place? My local dealer has returned two of his 640 pro 100's for the reason you described above. He told me that armasight assured him that they would be returned working better than his 336/42mm.

If you sent the unit in for other reasons, might be worth a phone call on Monday to describe the issue and see what they say.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Uhh? Why a new thread for the outcome of the original thread's problem description? The result should be tied to the problem for the 1 in 1000 people that use the search feature.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM has addressed this in another thread, you might want to contact him.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You should be able to make out hogs at farther distances with the 50mm. As for the clearer more detailed is it a focus issue or is it the washed out look? If it's focus I don't know if it's washed out look then it's the automatic gain flir put in the new cores. Someone at flir thought it was a god idea to wash out some background detail uggh they are supposed to be fixing this flir has been working on a firmware update.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Was this why the pro was in for repair in the first place? My local dealer has returned two of his 640 pro 100's for the reason you described above. He told me that armasight assured him that they would be returned working better than his 336/42mm.

If you sent the unit in for other reasons, might be worth a phone call on Monday to describe the issue and see what they say.
It was in for the front lens coming with only two screws out of four holding it on, and had a bug with the digital zoom. I made a comment to them about the picture not being as clear as our standard Zeus and they didn't say much about it.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Uhh? Why a new thread for the outcome of the original thread's problem description? The result should be tied to the problem for the 1 in 1000 people that use the search feature.
I should have kept it in the first thread but I wasn't really thinking.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You should be able to make out hogs at farther distances with the 50mm. As for the clearer more detailed is it a focus issue or is it the washed out look? If it's focus I don't know if it's washed out look then it's the automatic gain flir put in the new cores. Someone at flir thought it was a god idea to wash out some background detail uggh they are supposed to be fixing this flir has been working on a firmware update.
It's like more pixelated than our standard Zeus. Not really washing out but it's like anything further than 300 yards it's out of focus to where I can just barely see a black spot. Where with our standard Zeus I can tell pigs from deer at 500 yards or more. It's almost like I have a 160 core in mine..

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It's like more pixelated than our standard Zeus. Not really washing out but it's like anything further than 300 yards it's out of focus to where I can just barely see a black spot. Where with our standard Zeus I can tell pigs from deer at 500 yards or more. It's almost like I have a 160 core in mine..

That doesn't sound good.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea something isn't right I've used several 50mm's now and they were all sharp.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had a feeling something wasn't right. Looks like I'll be sending it back again

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes it does. I feel like they're just making sure they power on and sending them out.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm still on the fence with mine.... I can say this.... I haven't fell in love with it, and for that much money I should be. Has anybody on this board that bought a pro line not sent it back at least once?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm still on the fence with mine.... I can say this.... I haven't fell in love with it, and for that much money I should be. Has anybody on this board that bought a pro line not sent it back at least once?

I have not bought any but I have a whole safe full that have no issues and I beat the hell out of them. Not saying your situation does not suck and I know you are a bit bitter, but there have been many many units sold with no issues. Keatons should have been taken care of I agree but your statement makes it sound like they are all bad.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So far I've had 5 scopes and 2 q14's in my hands...out of that group of optics 1 Q14 and 1 scope somewhat work... The Q14 never really looks in focus... The Zeus has display issues and looks like a smudge on the inside of the eyepiece lense. That's not even close to acceptable for items that cost this much. How many people on here have bought a pro line ? Keaton is the only one I know of and he's having issues as well. There's not 20 people here with these scopes... Very few actually and for all the issues I've had and now seeing more....Losing faith in Armasight real fast. The auto gain is a whole other issue, it flat out sux ( update coming... I've heard that from them before and learned to take that with a whole bunch of grains of salt) The wireless remote/Bluetooth "antenna" is a joke, a video cable end converted in to an antenna and filled with black silicon, but these options won't work without it and since it plugs in to the video out you can't use these options if you run video....

Last edited:

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just found out today that the guy at Armasight that I've been dealing with is out of the office for a week so I'm going to calling again tomorrow to see if I can speak with someone else.
Right now where I sit with mine, besides the fact that the picture resolution and clarity does not perform as well as the two standard Zeus 336 42mm we have, is I sent it back to have two problems fixed, got it back with the MAJOR problem fixed and another problem added to the other problem they didn't fix. So I sent it back with two issues and got it back with one issue fixed and one new issue added to it..and the eye cup missing..
I have faith in Armasight to fix it but I ordered this unit in March because I was set on having the better features that the Pro line has to offer and never got my scope until June. Then had to send it back after two days of having it. Got it back two weeks later with one issue fixed, and now I'm about to return it again in hopes of making it work properly.
But even then once they fix my software issues will the image quality still not be as good as the standard Zeus? Because with a new core and larger lens, to me I think it should have a better image than the standard Zeus. And to think I could have got a standard Zeus 3 months ago with no issues and a clearer image..

Daryl licht

LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey all, just got my Zeus Pro 336 50mm 60hz back from Armasight from getting repaired. Got it back with everything as it should be on the unit and am very pleased with the way they took care of me. They even next day shipped it back to me so I could have it for a very important hunt this weekend.
Only thing that I have in my head about it is that for some reason I think our standard Zeus 336 42mm looks clearer, crisper, and more detailed, and even that I can make out hogs at further distances with it than my Pro. It just seems like I can't quite get my Pro focused completely. Even when I turn smart scene, contrast, and sharpness to 0 it just doesn't look as clear or detailed. Anyone else with a Pro line experience this? I'd think it would at least have the same picture if not clearer since they're both 336 cores but my Pro has a 50mm lens vs a 42mm. Kinda bugs me since it was an extra $1000 and its not as detailed as the cheaper one...
Anyway killed another boar with it tonight so it still gets the job done.
Just got my Armasight zeus pro 100 back from the factory after they installed the new software. It's amazing! Had some tech issues when I first got it, as with any new product, but in this rare case Dimitri and his crew listened and made the fixes needed to qualify this unit as tier one. Specifically they made the auto gain an option you can turn off...and I like mine off, and their hd dvr recorder comes filtered no more having to rig up a filter on the video in cable. I've got mine set up with the laser rangefinder unit and I couldn't be happier. I routinely make shots of 500 yds on our small piece of Texas heaven and unless you've plotted your firing positions and distances before dark taking a shot over your weapons point blank distance is a wild assed guess at best (wag) because of the lack of depth perception through any NVD. Lazing the target and getting your distance through the scope puts precision round placement as easy as getting your come ups off your dope card and letting her rip. If I've the time later I'll put up some videos.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice! My local dealer is supposed to get his two 100's back next week. I can't wait to see them.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is something to shoot 500yds at night thru a thermal, would love to see the video...