Zeus 640 blank blue screen

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
So did you put the case inside of a box or just shipped it in case? Thinking about firmware update since it appears to make a big difference.

Yes, case in a box. Pack and mail had a very close sized box and taped the S out of it for $5. I've shipped probably 30 guns via UPS and never had a problem. It can happen though so buy the insurance.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought UPS wouldn't ship guns

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A strip mall ups store will not ship guns but a ups shipping center/hub will.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Weird. When I sold my w1000 I took it to UPS store in a shopping center and the girls there were all freaking out bc they thought it was a gun and were like we can't ship any kind of guns bla bla. I had to explain what an optic/scope was before they decided that the black box with a thermal scope in it wasn't a gun.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A strip mall ups store will not ship guns but a ups shipping center/hub will.
That is correct used many times as long as you go to hub.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Weird. When I sold my w1000 I took it to UPS store in a shopping center and the girls there were all freaking out bc they thought it was a gun and were like we can't ship any kind of guns bla bla. I had to explain what an optic/scope was before they decided that the black box with a thermal scope in it wasn't a gun.
They are robots and do not know any better. They do not know their job and make stuff up as they want to and only care about getting that check!! It is really sad! BANG BANG!!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are robots and do not know any better. They do not know their job and make stuff up as they want to and only care about getting that check!! It is really sad! BANG BANG!!

It probably doesn't help that they deal with a bunch of idiots all day long who are clueless about shipping items and who often bicker with them on the cost of shipping. They don't understand why mama's ashes can't be shipped overnight for $9.95 to Alberta, Canada from Dallas.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It probably doesn't help that they deal with a bunch of idiots all day long who are clueless about shipping items and who often bicker with them on the cost of shipping. They don't understand why mama's ashes can't be shipped overnight for $9.95 to Alberta, Canada from Dallas.
That is funny because the other day some lady was complaining about 37 cents and the cost of some packing peanuts and that was a major decision whether she should spend that much money!! Hilarious! But they are still robots!

I watched this for 15 minutes and left and proceeded to the PO.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... I once purchased a black powder pistol (new)... which CAN be shipped w/o an FFL involvement. The fit/finish of this thing was HORRID. The maker did right by me (no gripe there). Being aware of the shipping issues (dealing with the store employees)... when they asked me what was in the box: "Machined metal parts for a hand tool that makes holes"... they smiled and nodded and accepted my shipment.

I brought a box to Alaska Airlines, Air Cargo once... wanting to ship it to Seattle from Anchorage. When they asked me what was in it: "Dead fish parts". The pause, and look of horror on her face was epic. I let the silence continue for a little more, and clarified: "Frozen Salmon". She looked like she'd released a long over-due fart as she smiled and continued with processing my paperwork.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Just got a call from Armasight and scope is heading back to me. Sounds like they replaced the core and OLED so I'm basically getting a new scope. Bottom line the didn't F around with this and try pinch pennies. Damn fine customer service.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, it took us a few minutes at Fedex to work out that my Zeus wasn't a gun, just a thing that went on a gun, and it shipped as machine parts or machinery.

I sold a Ten Point Crossbows 3x scope on eBay and took it to the UPS Store. The counter worker, a retired-by-god-cop informed me that they didn't have an FFL and could not ship anything firearm related including a 3x scope. My reply included language that I do not want my son to use when he's 30 y/o. Still pisses me off.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Got my germanium girlfriend back today.......minus the rubber eye piece and and the zip up carrying case. Weird right? Anyway it'll be worth it if gf2.0 is trouble free.