Zeus 640 blank blue screen

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
OLED display crapped out I guess? Anyone else ever had this happen? Going back for a fix and software update.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This unit has always been a little odd. It kills batteries at a higher rate than any of you guys have ever mentioned. And the display started acting up a couple of weeks ago. Time for an overhaul.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry man. Rechargeable batteries? Or lithium ions? How long have u had it?

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My 640 Kills the batteries in 15 min when its cold out. Aaron form Night Combat Solutions said he would send me a replacement unit but never came through. Now mine is doing funny things too when I take 3 or 4 shots in a row. I have a bolt action .308 I love the scope when its working, and hate to part with it as I hunt at least once a week.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My 640 Kills the batteries in 15 min when its cold out. Aaron form Night Combat Solutions said he would send me a replacement unit but never came through. Now mine is doing funny things too when I take 3 or 4 shots in a row. I have a bolt action .308 I love the scope when its working, and hate to part with it as I hunt at least once a week.

Ouch that stings. Same deal I love mine when it works but it's not performing like a $6k item. Obviously armasight deserves a chance to fix it so we'll see.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had a demo one that ate batteries very quickly, to the point that the batteries got hot. Not so hot that you couldn't lay one in an open palm, but hot enough that you didn't want to hold it in a fist. After about 4 sets of batteries, it quit. Didn't turn back on. Aaron got me a new one that works great and I've had no issues whatsoever with it.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had a blue screen one time it went away with new batteries. I do not think its the screen. If it's still there after battery switch send it baxk.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had a blue screen one time it went away with new batteries. I do not think its the screen. If it's still there after battery switch send it baxk.
Same thing happened to me when we first got ours. I freaked out at first but it went back to normal with new batteries.

dillon@NCS

Shoot me an email at dillon@nightcombatsolutions.com. See what we can get figured out. More than likely we'll have to send it back to Armasight.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sent it back to armasight on Friday. I can't remember how to hunt in the daytime. Do I just sit there in the sunshine like an idiot, hoping that something happens? It's ridiculous.
Daytime hunting is the best....play the wind right...stay quiet and slow and look for bedding areas...then pop them before they pop you. A tinfoil hat will actually distract them for a couple seconds while they are laughing...giving you a bit of extra time to gain your composure.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sent it back to armasight on Friday. I can't remember how to hunt in the daytime. Do I just sit there in the sunshine like an idiot, hoping that something happens? It's ridiculous.

Do you have a phone number and someone to talk to that I can start to resolve my problem scope. Still no help from Night Combat Solutions.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Shady there is a San Francisco phone number on the website. I spoke to a guy named Rogine. He's a little hard to understand at times so listen carefully. He gave me a return authorization within 3-4 minutes. Shipped it next day.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank you 6 pound 8oz baby Jesus my scope just got there. It's hard for me telling the 18 year old kid at the pack and mail that I'm handing him a $6000 case and trusting it to his care.
Big time

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So did you put the case inside of a box or just shipped it in case? Thinking about firmware update since it appears to make a big difference.