What about a big hog contest?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No just post them up when you get them to keep it interesting.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
^^^ That would likely win the contest!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What perfect timing. I just increased the corn ration this one is getting to entice him to show up more regularily. I think I'll just leave him be until next Spring so he will fatten up more to enter this contest. Although he looks like a fighter. Hope he doesn't get into too much trouble between now and then?

SUNP0057_zps3db38544.jpg

SUNP0056_zps2988568e.jpg
Well darn it I'm a couple of months late with my entry.

As fate would have it duck season always gets the better of me and I never even came back to this property until February to refill the feeder and try to get this guy patterned before the end of the contest. Obviously it was not meant to be because over the next three weeks after filling the feeder up I dealt with the typical mechanical issues that plague corn feeders and never got this big bore pattern until tonight.

This hog is my personal best both for Tusk size and weight. Tape measure pulled as tight as I could pull it was 54 inches. I rolled this big guy over while tape measuring him and discovered he had no nuts.

Here he is in the bottom of a ravine as I've found him dead. After running 50 yards from being shot with my 308. 165 SST = no exit wound on a hog of this size shot in the low shoulder.

image_zpssntylrfq.jpg

Tape measure pulled as tight as I could honestly snugged up at 54 inches. I just couldn't hold it with one hand and photo with the other.

image_zpsnnpkgq3y.jpg

And here is a great shot of the business end.

image_zpscknx94vc.jpg

Last edited:

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
is there a big hog contest this year? same rules...im all for it. Could do a pot, $20 entry fee and winner takes all....2nd place gets their $20 back. Maybe some vendors would throw in couple of items as well.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Here's my entry in advance.........

Good idea for pool. Could give portion of pool to site admin for providing such a cool hangout place.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those barr hogs can get pretty big...good one!

cincoranchhntr

LSB Member
I'm all in...... the area I hunt in south Tx has some very big pigs. In fact I will be down there the last two weekends of this month hunting hogs. I will have 2 cameras over 2 bait spots with sour corn. Maybe I can pattern a monster and win this thing. And no, there won't be any funny business with the camera like we did last month when my buddy killed a 200#+ hog. The photo made him appear to be 500#. We wanted to prank the landowner and it worked.
When will the contest begin? Nov 1st?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This contest has come and gone it's been over for a while.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If another contest ends up happening, my vote would be to do it during the summer this time, rather than the winter... But I'm not complaining either way.

cincoranchhntr

LSB Member
Sorry about that. I saw the recent post and assumed too much.

Well, how bout getting another organized? Maybe it could run from June 1st thru October (2015)....... maybe some others will chime in.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm in! I will donate some really hard to get wild hog meat to the winner. Lol

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dax says he will donate whichever thermal he likes the least to the winner after he gets done with his reviews..... Right Dax!?

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol good one!