What about a big hog contest?

Give people some time to hunt like first of March next year for a deadline. Photo must include a measuring tape....no photoshop pics. I'll give a 6.8 barrel and bolt to the winner.
You think you guys can figure out the rest?
No barnyard kills.

Just a thought for those who think they have hogzilla. Hold off on posting the monster to give others a chance to get in on it and show off their kills.

Edited from rules post below-

Ok guys we will do the biggest Hog contest I will start a contest thread here later tonight. These are the details below.

-Contest will run Nov 1st through March 1st

-Must be a picture of you and the whole hog with a sign saying LSB / ************** Big Pig Contest

- Must be a picture of the hog and scale or hog and tape where the numbers are readable with the contest sign visible.

- In the event of a tie we will have a vote on the meanest looking hog.

Official contest thread is here. http://lonestarboars.com/threads/lsb-ar-performance-big-pig-contest.1979/

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WOW! You bet! I see when you come onto a forum H you do it in style!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Had me a 1000# boar in my sights, just yesterday afternoon... I wanna pull the trigger on a polar bear in the worst way ! lol

I started to throw a little twist in there and say ugliest bald hog. To be judged by members here.

I'll bet a tag on white bear is a tough one to pull.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Will a grizzly count as a hog?

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Now I wish my buddy still had that 386# still hanging around.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great Idea! Ill get with H to figure out the rules and set a time frame.

I think we'll need to figure a way to measure and then let the members here judge and vote on the winner. Maybe have a minimum post count to enter just like advertising. If it is okay we'll spread the word and up your traffic.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I think this is a good idea. Maybe make the requirements to have a picture with a time/date stamp including the hunter and the hog together and then a close up of the tape around the hog. Maybe make the time stamp have a 10 minute grace period.

For example, Picture of hunter and hog at 10 pm on 29 oct 14 so the tape close up would have to be done between 950-1010 pm.

Just an idea.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
count me in!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What perfect timing. I just increased the corn ration this one is getting to entice him to show up more regularily. I think I'll just leave him be until next Spring so he will fatten up more to enter this contest. Although he looks like a fighter. Hope he doesn't get into too much trouble between now and then?

SUNP0057_zps3db38544.jpg

SUNP0056_zps2988568e.jpg

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok guys we will do the biggest Hog contest I will start a contest thread here later tonight. These are the details below.

-Contest will run Nov 1st through March 1st

-Must be a picture of you and the whole hog with a sign saying LSB / ************** Big Pig Contest

- Must be a picture of the hog and scale or hog and tape where the numbers are readable with the contest sign visible.

- In the event of a tie we will have a vote on the meanest looking hog.