Well ain't I the Lucky One...

Schneeky

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is crazy we have not had confirmed cases here..you need to come and hunt with me then
I'm sur ethat'd be a hoot! But I thought you were headed to Texas. Ferget livin' in one of those states that doesn't afford you the wonderful opportunity to experience this fun! :rolleyes:

RD- I've heard that Lyme's isn't anything to jack with, either. And I think those symptoms are worse.

DJ- I'll be dressed out inna pancho and face mask with the gloves next time.

The middle eastern thing I found out is from sheep, goats and unpasteurized milk. IIRC. :cool: Jake..

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We pay the state to shoot our pigs with a helicopter. They come several times a year and with them comes a ground crew of about a dozen people with 4-wheelers. They post about every third one and take all kinds of samples, blood, kidney, stool, liver and just about everything else. One of the crew is my cousin. He's an apex hunter and has been all his life. He will not eat one ever again after learning what all they carry. I won't touch them without gloves since he educated me.

Back in the old days here when everyone milked cows Bangs was as common as a cold. But they knew what it was and it was treated fast so it never was much of a threat. Now days we are a spoiled sheltered culture.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm sur ethat'd be a hoot! But I thought you were headed to Texas. Ferget livin' in one of those states that doesn't afford you the wonderful opportunity to experience this fun! :rolleyes:

RD- I've heard that Lyme's isn't anything to jack with, either. And I think those symptoms are worse.

DJ- I'll be dressed out inna pancho and face mask with the gloves next time.

The middle eastern thing I found out is from sheep, goats and unpasteurized milk. IIRC. :cool: Jake..

Nope stuck in FL for another year I guess, same lease, tons of hogs but no big fields where we get many multiple shots on them

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hate to hear this, get well quickly brother

Schneeky

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hate to hear this, get well quickly brother
Thankyasir...

Final Note on this l'il adventure after all is said and done.

Indeterminate. Fever of unknown origin.
Most likely from tick or animal contact based on reaction to treatment.

None of what ya hear/half of what ya see and all... Even with State labs. :rolleyes:
One's still bettin on RMSF. The other is "stickin with the pig".
Glad it's over either way. Bout the only thing still hangin on is that itchy rash that has a mean habit of jackin a cheek right before bed once-inna-while.
If that's the take-away from this l'il brush I'd call that acceptable. :cool:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well that will likely go away...with time
best to ya

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Glad you are mostly on the mend. I would stick with the RMSF that way you won't be so hesitant next time you kill a hog. Lol