SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There are no lines here lol

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Watching others' videos really does help... well most others.. ;)
I'm not the best shot and not the worst shot, but after watching hundreds of thermal hunt vids, I have a pretty good idea of where I would like the crosshairs to be when sending the lead down range.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ford Kilted a piglet with his Chevy?

DangerRanger

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ok... so here are some more behind the scenes pics and details from this weekend.

NOTE: There are no videos because I used only my external rechargeable battery pack on my Zeus 42mm. The way my rig is setup right now, I either use the rechargeable pack or I sacrifice the pack, put in CR123s, and plug in the record deck where the rechargeable pack goes. Since I scan constantly with the rechargeable pack, I do not always take the time to switch to the record deck before making the pig stalk. I just get out and get after the hogs. I am looking into a more efficient way to plug in the record deck WITH the rechargeable battery pack, and not have cables tangled everywhere.....

So we hunted last Saturday night and caught up to a group of 9 pigs at about midnight. My cousin and I made the stalk, and we put down 5. My cousin only got about 3 shots before his thermal's lens cap accidentally flipped back down blocking his view. I did what damage I could before the pigs disappeared or entered a "no shoot" zone (cows). We collected our 5 confirmed at setup for a pic (below).

Then after scanning more farm fields, we caught up to another group of 9. We were able to get 7 from that group this time. Instead of posing those 7 up for their own picture, we loaded them up and decided to drive 30 miles back to the field the 5 dead were at, so we could have a picture of 12 dead hogs, the new record of pig kills in one night I have ever been apart of.

Well, we get to the 5 dead pigs, load them up in the truck, then we try to drive off......we don't get very far....about 2-3 ft max in fact.

So after loading the pigs and getting stuck, we get help to come get us out. The help is not able to pull us out with the dead hogs in the bed. So we end up unloading them back where the original 5 pigs were killed. With the rain starting to pour down, I didn't get out my good camera. After already being frustrated I had to even ask for help on a Sunday morning to get unstuck, I basically said, "Screw it. Take some cell phone pics and lets get out of here." Didn't pose up guns or anything. Just a fence line of pig death.

Well.....after getting my truck unstuck, going home and going to bed from being awake all night long, I get about a 3 hour nap when the farmer calls saying, "hey man, you are doing a FANTASTIC job getting the pigs! But I really need you to dump that many pig bodies somewhere else.......I can bring my Polaris Ranger to get them out of the field, then help load them back in your truck to take to another dump site."

So I get up, go back to the farm, load them in his rig, then load them into my truck, and I drive 30 miles to the only place I know for sure I can dump all the pig bodies. By this time, my co-hunter for the night had already left town, so I was solo. I decided to pose pigs up for one final good photo since the rain had quit (the photo at the start of this thread).

And that is the story of the Coryell County Swineacide. Except for the fact I caved in the plastic shell to my back bumper getting pulled out. Still pissed about that.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job!! And Folks, That is the rest of the Story!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
NOTE: There are no videos because I used only my external rechargeable battery pack on my Zeus 42mm.

Translation the other guy had very good shooting skills. ;)

That's the way I read it.

DangerRanger

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Translation the other guy had very good shooting skills. ;)

That's the way I read it.

Of course you did............................................................................................................................................................

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's too much loading and unloading, for just dumping. Ack. Good effort.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The truth about hog hunting! Having to get up and go load them again and dump them....that's not that fun.