Tripods etc....

AKay

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IMG_1289_zpsptofjl9f.jpg
I have tried virtually every bipod and tripod known to man and I absolutely love my PRS Tripod with the leveling head and quick disconnect. I spot and stalk when I hunt at night, I keep my tripod fully extended to my height preference and carry in one hand, rifle over the other shoulder and a light chest rig for my misc crap. This tripod is only about 4 lbs total, which is maybe double the trigger sticks weight if that. Only downsides I see is the tripod legs are much bigger in diameter therefore bulkier that the trigger sticks and the price of this setup was $1300 all said and done.

Which plate is attached to your rifle that mates with the quick disconnect?

WhoCares

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Question 1) its 15 degrees up and 15 down for a total of 30. I will say that it is more than enough for any situation other than maybe mountain hunting. If the 15 degree isn't enough you can lower or raise the front or rear legs but I have yet to need that. The panning feature allows you to pan 360 degrees in total quiet.

Question 2) I'm using the RRS SOAR fixed keymod mount that mounts directly to my keymod hand guard

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Question 1) its 15 degrees up and 15 down for a total of 30. I will say that it is more than enough for any situation other than maybe mountain hunting. If the 15 degree isn't enough you can lower or raise the front or rear legs but I have yet to need that. The panning feature allows you to pan 360 degrees in total quiet.

Question 2) I'm using the RRS SOAR fixed keymod mount that mounts directly to my keymod hand guard
Next question..can you adjust the tension very easy on the leveling head?

WhoCares

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, it's amazing! The leveling head comes with 2 options, either a short or long adjustment handle. If you look closely at the photo I have the long handle option. I keep one hand on the handle at all times once the rifle is locked into the tripod. Mearly a 1/4" turn can completely loosen the head or tighten it rock solid. Amazing device. Check out the video below for more details.

AKay

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, it's amazing! The leveling head comes with 2 options, either a short or long adjustment handle. If you look closely at the photo I have the long handle option. I keep one hand on the handle at all times once the rifle is locked into the tripod. Mearly a 1/4" turn can completely loosen the head or tighten it rock solid. Amazing device. Check out the video below for more details.

This video was very informative. Thanks.

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
UDlsYAtl.jpg

1. Advantage - very stable system. I can attest my shooting accuracy has increased expedentially since I've started using this system. (Disadvantage costly and can be heavy)
2. Yes, Primos uses a standard 1/4" screw and the HOG Saddle will fit.
EXPONENTIALLY**.......................sorry.... hahahahahaha