Time of day to hunt besides nights

jglass

LSB Member
January and February in Florida. I killed two hogs at approximately 7:40 on different evenings and one hog at 5:40 in the morning. I saw hogs after first darkness a couple of times. The camera took the most pictures of hogs from full darkness in the evening to about 9:00 PM and about two hours before sunrise to first light in the morning. In 3 months the camera took pictures of hogs in daylight 1 or 2 times. The camera took pictures of lone boars at all hours of the night but hunting all hours of the night does not seem productive. We hunted all night one time and saw nothing but raccoons. That same night the camera took pictures of hogs 300 yards away at 7:00 PM. Some buddies I hunt with only hunt during daylight hours and they kill a few hog so go figure.

Last edited:

LSB Active Member
On our property in south FL it's just an evening kind of place. All the bucks taken this year were PM, 90% of the hogs PM and trail cams verify what we *think* we see happening in the PM. It was a freakishy warm winter and SO dry we are a dust bowl still. Pushing 90 every day this week. Cams have the pigs back where they were in the summer: they roll out of the swamps ~ 10pm and are busy for several hours and then go back to be in the swamp. Can't wait for thermal!

As far as wind goes.....like has been said pay attention. I use this app on my iphone I love it:

Windytv, wind forecast