THOR or ZEUS ???

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
im using an ATN THOR 336 3x for the time being... Thinking about upgrading to a 640... Been looking at ATN and Armasight. Both companies have similar models at similar prices. ATN has 2.5x optical w/50mm lense, armasight has 3x w/ 75mm lense. Never used an armasight so not sure which way to go... Also saw that armasight has a "pro line" coming out, any idea when that will be available? Any recommendations or info would be appreciated.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pro line is supposed to be out following shot I think. Delta4-3 can answer that better since he is a dealer. For atn vs Armasight it seemed to me atn had more quality control issues but that is just based on what I've read from people posting online. The bigger the lense the better performance you will get. Other than that I can not comment since my time with a thor is limited to a few days.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Already heard from delta... Working on it. I'm leaning towards the armasight. Did the pro line series have any new features worth waiting for?

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
We have already talked, but just for the benefit of others that may have the same question; the pro line does have some different features. It is recoil rated for .50 BMG, and is submersible. It is available with 30mm, 50mm, and 100mm lenses. Also, it has an optional 2000 yard range finder that reads the distance out in the display of the thermal. It gives a directional heading in degrees, and has many many more features, most of which I have not played with yet to be honest.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We have already talked, but just for the benefit of others that may have the same question; the pro line does have some different features. It is recoil rated for .50 BMG, and is submersible. It is available with 30mm, 50mm, and 100mm lenses. Also, it has an optional 2000 yard range finder that reads the distance out in the display of the thermal. It gives a directional heading in degrees, and has many many more features, most of which I have not played with yet to be honest.
And a partridge in a pear tree!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL..I would not do business with ATN period, little customer service, delay and lying tactics, if they can they will build it as cheap as possible...ask me how I know...individual products may be good or OK but try to get them worked on, repaired or refunded.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah I think everyone knows...lol ask me how I really feel because the above was being nice!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have repeat clients who bring ATN Thor scopes to the hunt. The single biggest issue I have seen is the Thor shutting off after a shot. Thus, making there semi auto guns a single shot rig. These two guys tried a bunch of different cr 123 batteries because some are longer then others. They thought it fixed it, but then it started up again.

This issue has happened over 8 night hunts. 4 of them in march 2014 (warmer weather 50 degree low) and 4 in november 2014 (we saw 15 degrees at night). The issue happened in both warm and cold weather. None of us were impressed and I felt bad that they spent their hard earned money on the Thor.

I plan to pick up a Zeuss when I can.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Enough said... I'm getting a 640 Zeus
Thanks for all the input

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is the better choice. Being that your in Texas hit up Aaron at Night Combat Solutions, no tax! :D

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Already there.... Only thing now is wether or not to wait for a pro line. Got an ATN 336 , no problems but looking to upgrade. Scope is great but want a 640... For the price the armasight has a bigger lens and seems like the right choice.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The little bit I've heard so far I'd wait for the pro line to come out. Even you don't want it at that point the current models will cost less!

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The little bit I've heard so far I'd wait for the pro line to come out. Even you don't want it at that point the current models will cost less!

Yeah, but as Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part, lol.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My night vision is the TLR1 HP for now, and will be using it this weekend (I hope). Just from what I have read and seen of others the Armasight would probably be a better choice. As with anything new and out for the first time sometimes that is not good. I would go with the tried and true and tested model that has been out for awhile, they seem to work just fine. BANG BANG!!