This is how its done

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
well not me, was posted over at 6.8, just didn't show the kill count at the end, can hear the hits on hogs as they're running with the use of the suppressors

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a lot of rounds kicked off

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
so far I have not seen where anyone said what the initial explosion was. Grenade simulator ?

No pig count either.

Lotta ammo used

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
so far I have not seen where anyone said what the initial explosion was. Grenade simulator ?

No pig count either.

Lotta ammo used

no, that is Tannerite, you can buy it off the shelf, mix it together, the explosion occurs when you shoot it, so someone took a shot on the Tannerite to start things off, from what I read it was about 7 pounds worth

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They would have gotten more hogs w/o the explosion and smoke cover. I did see in the video another muzzle come into frame, I flinched seeing that.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'll bet THAT feeder only sees deer for a spell. (Ok, maybe corn thieves too) Would be nice to've seen how the feeder ended up. LOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There uses to be a lot of videos on YouTube of people baiting with corn over tanerite. While it may look cool 99.9% of the hogs run off. Hard to tell by the video but from what I hear it only sounded like one or two good hits, I'm sure that why there is no hog counter.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I heard more than that as for hits, as for good hits, who knows, I counted what sounded like 16 hits, would have liked to seen the outcome...

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have seen people do this I promise it's not effective and just wounds the animals please don't do this. As far as 16 hits sounds like hits on the ground to me look towards the end of the video you can see the rounds sparking on the ground. But again it's had to tell from a video. I only saw one dead hog. I would think if they took the time to video, edit, and post this they would have surely put a picture or video of the aftermath. My speculation is there was only one or two dead hogs.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know **** would. *** never misses a chance to blow his horn. It will be interesting to see what if anything comes of that as any time you mix ingredients together that then leads to an explosion possibility you are technically in violation of ATF regs re the possession of explosive materials. I am not familiar enoughwith what it takes to make this but there have been convictions on the mere possession in the past. And that clearly was an explosion.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tannerite is legal, I am not sure any state allows you to kill animals with it...you are right, might not be smart showing the video.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are correct about it being legal. But when you mix it with other ingredients and intend to make an explosive material you have problems. Think of the OK City explosion April 19th, 1995. Look at the ingredients. With the exception of the debt cord and blasting caps the rest of the ingredients were legal by themself.

*** made a big mistake here and then comes on and says 7 lbs. Clearly shows knowledge intent and many other dumb things.

Not to mention very poor sportsmanship=blowing up pigs. I have no love for pigs but that goes way past sportsmanship.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Right, Tannerite is legal (binary explosive, which is somehow technically different), but not for the purpose of harming animals, which is what happened in this case. Under Texas law, this would be illegal and constitute torture of the animals since the hunters knowingly set off the tannerite in close proximity to the animals which by design would cause unnecessary pain or suffering because of proximity to the detonation. That would be under 42.09(1). Most, if not all other states have similar laws.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The tannerite is legal no other ingredients and then you shoot it to explode, that part was fine. The only thin wrong was the blowing up of the animals...I am betting that is illegal.

Brian beat me to it ^^^ what he said

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Victor from **** has said they killed 7 hogs out of the group. But none from the tannerite all from rifle shots. I still say this is not effective and cruel.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I support your position 110%.

I would not take his word on anything,

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
According to a Game Warden I spoke with this would be considered illegal in the State of Texas. I asked the question due having about a thousand blackbirds raiding my feeder every morning and was going to mix some up to keep them run off. I was told not to do it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
^^^^ This too as well as UN ethical