Thermal & Nightvision Comparison Video

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Made this video to show a few of the different thermals side by side the w1000-9, x320, MTM, and also included a 3rd gen pvs-14. Hopefully I can get some video with the LWTS and maybe some flirs soon. The thermals were recorded using the MDVR from Ultimate night vision and the pvs-14 was recorded using a iphone5.

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent video! It's nice to see actual side-by-side in the same area with the same subjects. The W1000 seems to be doing pretty well.

Smitty

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For some reason the video program used on the IPhone washes out when used in the pvs and uploaded to YouTube.

The pvs-14 footage at the end of the video is more accurate.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The x320 was on white hot and everything else black hot. The w-1000 is awesome, but is a magnified unit compared to the mtm and x320. The pvs14 normally looks better than in the video as TLM already stated.

I'm not putting down any of the units in this video. They are all outstanding pieces of equipment and greatly enhance anyone's ability to hunt at night. They just all have differences and that is the main point of this video.

I had fun helping TLM with the video. I'm the goon who got to randomly walk around in a field in the pitch black. LOL.

Good video with great visual information.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks for all your time and effort (both of you). It is surprising to see the difference in the units when you look at them side by side with the same subjects.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great work, for a goon!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This video almost got me banned from ar15.com. Sigh. Try to help people out by showing them their options is frowned upon there I guess.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You can't have options over there. If you don't buy X unit from the specific X company you can't have it. Options aren't for arfcom.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is just stupid, no wonder I don't go there

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Barfcom. Enough said

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This video almost got me banned from ar15.com. Sigh. Try to help people out by showing them their options is frowned upon there I guess.

Did a certain vendor raise a stink? They do not like differing opinions

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Word through the grapevine is someone raised a stink. I'm not naming anyone though.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
make their unit look bad?

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
In the land of the ar15.com night vision forum where the Dinosaur, the Koala Bear, and the Pup worship the salesman behind the garage door.

Little riddle there for ya...

Last edited:

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Kind of I hate to say stupid. Just a comparison. My w1000 is not as clear as yours. Hum might have to sent to Ident to see what is up still has factory warranty. Thanks for show the big differences.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Kind of I hate to say stupid. Just a comparison. My w1000 is not as clear as yours. Hum might have to sent to Ident to see what is up still has factory warranty. Thanks for show the big differences.
Are you adjusting the focus and the contrast? Did you adjust the diopter? May also be proper eye relief? I've looked through several W1000's now I could not tell a difference between them.