Tannerite Vs Hogs

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh boy!...... Ya sure stirred up a bee's nest here. As far as I understand the Hogs in TX are not native to TX, and tend to do a lot of damage to property. People just might be more inclined to treat them like rats or roaches if, hogs started doing damage to there property costing them $1000's. Not to mention, I also understand they can be quite dangerous. I've already heard more then one story of someone being charged by a bore.

marineimaging

LSB Member
Stories of boars charging go back decades in my family. My first razorback hunt I was instructed to make sure that I went from tree to tree making sure it had low limbs and that I could climb it in seconds. I was to do this every time we stopped to stage and wait. I was told, when you shoot aim for the space between the eyes (since he is charging) and shoot. Don't shoot twice. Before the smoke clears I was supposed to be up the tree cycling a new round and waiting to see if the feral hog stopped and died or if I needed to shoot again. These hogs were on the Louisiana side of the Sabine river but would soon be crossing the border to take over. We passed a pasture the size of a football field one night. About two-three hours later we drove back by and the pasture was tore up and not a hog in sight. They can tear up some ground and lead to very bad erosion around here.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
think most of you hit my thoughts on the video, notice the hog limping in before they set off the tannerite, obviously done it before. There are ways of doing things, and other ways not. When we hunt with rifles, we may also wound an animal, but usually a quick follow up shot and we get them. Not always the case, we know, as we've found healed up or injured hogs at later dates. I hate any animal suffering, I know we all do, its not our intention. But posting video's like this are bad moves for those of us that hunt.