Successfully Helmet Mounting an HD 19A

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Question, does your HD19a have the auto-NUC capability? I.e. does it have a shutter? Trying to answer questions about HD19a on another forum. Looking at specs on OP it says 19a has auto ... looking at FAQ on pulsar it says "older models" do not.

JPK

LSB Active Member
After the predator season and a spring hog hunt with my son, a bud and his son, I' be happy to send you the 19A, a bridge, a dovetail PVS 14 arm and dovetail helmet mount to try.

Fwiw, I can definitely tell the difference in refresh rates. Used alone, without a PVS 14, I find the 60htz rate of the Patrol barely adequate for helmet mounting. However, I find 30htz fine for a scope.

JPK

JPK

LSB Active Member
On the 19A I have (bought this summer,) yes on auto NUC, which is a great feature for a spotter. It actually has three settings, fully auto, auto plus the ability to NUC manually - the setting I use, and manual. At times I have found that a manual NUC will improve the image, even when the unit is auto NUC'ing since the timing on the auto NUC may not be perfect.

JPK

Ah929rr

JPK very nice work and you have me looking into mounting my quantum onto a helmet. I am pretty new to this and I will be using it for predator hunting here in Illinois. I need to spend a little time looking around for parts to mount my thermal. I have purchased a few items off of eBay but it just seems that I need to spend some money and buy a good helmet and go from there. Thanks for sharing your setup and hopefully I can fallow your steps.