Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I guess I am asking a dumb question this round will soot in my AR 10 in 308

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After I looked up blackout I got my question answered. No it will not run in a my AR 10

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Rob, which bullet through your .308 AR10?

I've shot 208gr amax bullets with no problem through my POF P308. All comes down to twist rate. The POF had an adjustable gas block for suppressor use, so they cycle in my gun.

Also since this thread was made, Outlaw replaced the 220 with a 225 grain bullet. In sale, $100 per 100, I may have to try them, but damn, $1 each, won't be doing much practice with them.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
165 gr Nosler accubonds and 150gr Barnes MPG and 165gr TTSX all work extremely well. All made by me with 42 gr to 44 gr of Varget, Lapua brass and CCI primers.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
165 gr Nosler accubonds and 150gr Barnes MPG and 165gr TTSX all work extremely well. All made by me with 42 gr to 44 gr of Varget, Lapua brass and CCI primers.
are these subsonic?

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
are these subsonic?
No way these are very warm rounds I like them for accuracy and they shoot very well in my P308 16" barrel. Will test them on my 12" when I get my lower back from Ident have my stamp. Maybe this week.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think we are straying from the subsonic topic and getting a bit of confusion.

not bad information, just not subsonic expansion

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think we are straying from the subsonic topic and getting a bit of confusion.

not bad information, just not subsonic expansion
Sorry got a little off topic when Dave was asking what I was shooting in my AR10 thanks for keeping me straight BRD lol

PS: I have a new saying women get to say they had a blonde moment now I saw I had a Grey moment. Ha ha

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nota problem, I am easily confused

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I tested many factory subs and most did not expand. I think if you go with Leigh High Defense you'll be at a good starting place.