Started using some Whitetail sent lures

marineimaging

LSB Member
I scouted the southmost hunter camp area again yesterday morning for 2 hours. Then I moved to the Pennington area and set up camp. I saw 9 doe yesterday and today but no bucks. I followed tracks of 3 large print sets in two different places . Saw no actual bucks nor any sign of hog anywhere. I covered about 2 miles total walking on the sides of my feet while dodging dry, downed tree limbs and carrying my scoped Saiga .308. The new lodgepole pine nearly blocked every clearing and mat vines tripped me for the first few hours. I found and followed a new fire break where the tracks were almost the size of the palm of my hands. After today I think a .30-30 Win or Marlin is on the books as soon as I get back to work. I have heard that one of the .30-30's ejects out the side and can be scoped. The other which ejects out the top has a problem in that in rough terrain or when forced to cycle a round while upside down the bullets want to drop out. Can anyone confirm which it is?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Win '94 ejects out the top, the Marlin 336 ejects out the side and can be scoped. Get a Marlin which is "JM" stamped on the barrel to KNOW it is a TRUE Marlin. Remington bought them in 2010, bolt gun makers are struggling to learn how to fit lever guns... they're now made in NY.

marineimaging

LSB Member
Win '94 ejects out the top, the Marlin 336 ejects out the side and can be scoped. Get a Marlin which is "JM" stamped on the barrel to KNOW it is a TRUE Marlin. Remington bought them in 2010, bolt gun makers are struggling to learn how to fit lever guns... they're now made in NY.
Thanks. Good advice.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Marlin Owners .com forum is a great resource to draw from. May find a good used one in their classifieds too.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
EW, really ???

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well the picture I showed you of the 10 pointer in my back yard last weekend is in the cooler. My neighbor shot him Sat with his black powder rifle. I don't own a black powder rifle. Dang. Might have to get one next year. But the licking branch is still working she showed a couple of days a go.
dbbf6909532f7a12dd6f63c294d20931_zpsae9aa912.jpg

DeerPisc_00374_zps96ee9c54.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
T/C Hawken .50, or a Renegade .50. Love 'em both, a hoot to shoot, relaxing to shoot 'em too. Helps ya to slow down, be methodical and deliberate in your shooting.