Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
80yds, 223 strikes again!

IMG_20130415_084432_066_zps86bd1935.jpg

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I shoot with a 22lr to about 250yds and 22mag to 350yds. Cant find any rimfire ammo, so I stepped up to the 223 and just pick them off father away! A 40gr bullet going 3550fps does a number on them! Too bad the bullet is green and doesn't work so well on coyotes, it passes all the way through just like a FMJ. Got some 36gr Barnes Varmint Granades to try out, they are running about 4000fps though so it should be a good red mister for the squirrels!

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was doing that in Wisconsin in the fields behind the house. Longest I got was 200 yards though. That was as far as we were allowed to pick off the groundhogs. Beyond that was a field we couldn't shoot onto due to a thick tree line.

Out in Vegas we would watch for jack rabbits in the desert but with hills we usually had to keep it under 300 yards.

Great shot and great way to practice
Now I have killed a few of those. I like the hits where only the ears and body are left over. Grody as the kids would say.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah... when they hang on the side of a tree and continuously scold you... sounding the alarm... ya just wanna blast 'em. LOL But... here in WA State, it's illegal to kill squirrels. Don't ask me why? Sure ain't 'cause they're endangered and only 3 million of 'em left or something. LOL

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah... when they hang on the side of a tree and continuously scold you... sounding the alarm... ya just wanna blast 'em. LOL But... here in WA State, it's illegal to kill squirrels. Don't ask me why? Sure ain't 'cause they're endangered and only 3 million of 'em left or something. LOL
Its cuz there the original tree huggers in a tree hugging state. duhh, lol

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Its cuz there the original tree huggers in a tree hugging state. duhh, lol
Ya see (Histopicker)? THAT's why we keep ya 'round here... to come up with the answers to the tough questions. LOL

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought I was just stating the obvious!
Believe it or not... I can (within my lifetime) remember WA State having a non-lib-whack-job as a Governor, and a right-leaning Legislature.

(Ok, so, I'm dating myself... possibly "carbon dating" myself a bit) LOL

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Its the same here in Florida. Gotta follow the rules and only shoot squirrels during squirrel season. I'm just waiting for oct 13th

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Its the same here in Florida. Gotta follow the rules and only shoot squirrels during squirrel season. I'm just waiting for oct 13th
That's the difference, here in WA State, there is NO "open season" for hunting squirrels.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We have a gray tree squirrel season, but ground squirrels are pests and legal to shoot year round. A good day Ill kill ~100 in 2 hours, a slow day Ill kill 25 all day. Add in 3-5 yotes a week minimum and your gun gets a good workout!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is there a season there for shooting pets, we can do that anytime here in Texas.
I'm assuming you meant "pests"? As far as I know... you just do NOT harm them. There's flattened squirrel carcasses all over Seattle from being run over. The squirrel Nazis haven't taken up that cause quite yet. But, they're working on it indirectly with more and more "bicycle lanes" and a NEED to yield to bicycles. They're a PITA too. They want all the rights of drivers and pedestrians, and NONE of the responsibilities of either.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm glad Florida is fairly lax about seasons. Most are really long. I just wish they would open black bear season again. They are over populated and becoming pests coming into towns more and more. Plus I'm sick of having to find them in georgia

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Is there a season there for shooting pets, we can do that anytime here in Texas.
If they end up on my side of the fence fido gets a dirt nap. If hes on a leash I like to get up close and personal with a pistol....

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm assuming you meant "pests"? As far as I know... you just do NOT harm them. There's flattened squirrel carcasses all over Seattle from being run over. The squirrel Nazis haven't taken up that cause quite yet. But, they're working on it indirectly with more and more "bicycle lanes" and a NEED to yield to bicycles. They're a PITA too. They want all the rights of drivers and pedestrians, and NONE of the responsibilities of either.
Bicyclists are targets of opportunity. We host a Ironman qualifier at a nearby county park called Wildflower Triathlon. Those yahoos start practicing in January for the May race. There will be 8-10 of them taking up both lanes of traffic on a 2 lane county road, and don't move out of the way, and I don't mind replacing the mirrors on my Toyota when I drive from one ranch to the other and incidentally knock one off on a slowly moving target. I have gotten into 2 fistfights because they will stop in the middle of the road to get a drink or fix a flat and refuse to move, so you have no way to get around them. Silly spandex wearing SanFran types, its not smart to pick a fight with a guy in a little pickup, he might just step out at 6'4" 235lbs and whoop some sense into the 115lbs of loud mouth pretending to be a superhero.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tell us how you really feel, don't hold back lol