South Texas Nilgai

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Strange look critter. Nice shooting she is big or average?

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice Nilgai! Awesome you got her with a 6.8

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Strange look critter. Nice shooting she is big or average?

She was definitely above average. Guide said it was the second heaviest cow he had seen taken.

The species is considered the second largest antelope species on earth.

Arnold Galvan

Mckinney, Texas
Nicely done. I have seen a few of them near Arryo City when we are out fishing, thought it was a cow at first and then my Uncle told me that was a Nilgai.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
She was definitely above average. Guide said it was the second heaviest cow he had seen taken.

The species is considered the second largest antelope species on earth.
Do you go and pay to hunt?

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Do you go and pay to hunt?
No luckily I don't have to. I went to school with lots of people who manage ranches. I rarely take up the offer to hunt some places but this time I did to help some people get some meat. I actually only borough home around 5lbs of that cow. The rest went to some guys who needed the meat more than I do. Plus I have more opportunities to get nilgai meat later on in the year.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are a good man...well done

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
No luckily I don't have to. I went to school with lots of people who manage ranches. I rarely take up the offer to hunt some places but this time I did to help some people get some meat. I actually only borough home around 5lbs of that cow. The rest went to some guys who needed the meat more than I do. Plus I have more opportunities to get nilgai meat later on in the year.
I need some. Take me and I'll kill my own!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What did you shot it with? All,the websites say 300 or more? 300 win mag to bigger

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"115gr fusion from my 6.8"

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang you used a 6.8

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dang you used a 6.8

Yes I did. Like Frank said, it was a 115 fusion from 185 yards. I was sitting in one spot watching trails and road crossings so I already knew my distances and was only hunting cows. If I would have even thought I had the chance at a mature bull then I would havebrought the 30.06. Or used the camp's 300WM.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Always seems that way, even at my lease I am very particular on who gets to hunt, So I can imagine if it was my ranch too.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Always seems that way, even at my lease I am very particular on who gets to hunt, So I can imagine if it was my ranch too.
Yup, everyone's afraid of a law suit now. Even here at my in laws place, I only invite my dad and my brothe. All hunters and guests sign a waiver as soon as they get to camp.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I was kidding Eric. I know how hard it can be to be invited.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That critter looks like a bucket list item to,check off and they are hard to kill and you,can eat them. Lol