LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow! That is a plethora of pork!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DANG!! A couple of those are just BIG!! As usual way to go, nice hogs. BANG BANG!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work lawman a couple of those are a pretty good size!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A good weekend I see!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great work and a yote to boot.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
How many is that for the weekend? Looks like the REPR and 168 grain SSTs work pretty well together.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How many is that for the weekend? Looks like the REPR and 168 grain SSTs work pretty well together.

25 hogs 1 coyote.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
how did the mdvr hold up on it, see the jump at the shot? cables hold up???

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hot diggity !!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
how did the mdvr hold up on it, see the jump at the shot? cables hold up???
I used the lawmate but I put the wrong sd card in it. Used a micro sd with the SD adapter and lost most of my video it kept loosing connection.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
165gr SST !

I tried that setup with the eotech behind the apollo and the eotech magnifier behind the eotech, but I seemed to get more reliable results with the apollo reticle ... I must have been doing it wrong!!! I note you have a rail or two more space between the back end of the apollo and the front of the EOTECH than I have tried ... how did you come upon that distance?

More blood! Is that because of the ammo or the difference in species from the ones we were hunting? Or both.

What is that thingy on top of your EOTECH?

Looks like you got some roomier pantaloons versus the weekend we went out :D

Does that charging handle throw you off?

What percentage of shots from the primos versus standing unsupported?

How many took multiple rounds versus 1 shot?

==
Questions, questions, questions!!!

:)

Great job !!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
165gr SST !

You are right I was saying 168 but they are 165 gr SST's

I tried that setup with the eotech behind the apollo and the eotech magnifier behind the eotech, but I seemed to get more reliable results with the apollo reticle ... I must have been doing it wrong!!! I note you have a rail or two more space between the back end of the apollo and the front of the EOTECH than I have tried ... how did you come upon that distance?

Did you use the eotech 3x magnifier? I came upon this distance by just putting it on there lol.

More blood! Is that because of the ammo or the difference in species from the ones we were hunting? Or both.

We only shot four hogs, this was 25 more chances for bleeders!

What is that thingy on top of your EOTECH?

Gopro camera mount.

Looks like you got some roomier pantaloons versus the weekend we went out :D

I had three layers that night on one layer this weekend!

Does that charging handle throw you off?

No I actually had some malfunctions I had put the brass catcher to far forward at one point. It was sending the spent brass back into the chamber the charging handle worked like a dream.

What percentage of shots from the primos versus standing unsupported?

About 50/50 this trip because we were having to jump out and shoot fast on some. Most of this area is thick brush and trees so you only get a few seconds to shoot.

How many took multiple rounds versus 1 shot?

I shot four twice, had two run off to be found the next day with one shot each. The rest were one shots.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Did you use the eotech 3x magnifier? I came upon this distance by just putting it on there lol.

Yes, but my brain got confused ... I was worried about idea that eotech is "parallax free" and how that would work out behind apollo and in front of 3x mag. Couldn't figure out how to make that "train of optics" be parallax free - in my head anyway. Later I read eotech manual (I RTFM when I get really bored) and it said the elevation and windage adjustments on the mag are just to align eye, mag and eotech to get the red dot in the center of the 3x mag and NOT to adjust POI. I was workin' way to hard trying to get the 3x mag to work. I will try it again! I the mean time, I got a shiney new rock, a.k.a. Vortex g2 1-6x mrad, so I can have one setup with the vortex and another with the eotech. If I can get two working rifles!!!

No I actually had some malfunctions I had put the brass catcher to far forward at one point. It was sending the spent brass back into the chamber the charging handle worked like a dream.

Reverse stove pipes , oh my! Haven't had those yet ... but they sound easier to fix than my forward stove pipes I'm getting on the 7.62 (for the third time in 2 months).

==
Too bad about the video ...

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rifle bled properly - check.
Those spiral flutes are growing on me...

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice pictures

goodjob

chthump

LSB Member
With the suppressor and thermal forward, hows the weight/balance? Also, I had no idea you could run Armasight in front of an Eotech. When attaching the thermal, did it shift the POI of the Eotech any? Just curious. May have to try that setup.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
With the suppressor and thermal forward, hows the weight/balance? Also, I had no idea you could run Armasight in front of an Eotech. When attaching the thermal, did it shift the POI of the Eotech any? Just curious. May have to try that setup.
It's heavy with everything on there balance is not bad though. Clip on thermals or night vision are meant to be used in front of any day optic!