Question ; what about buckshot?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There used to be a store between Janesville and Beloit on the highway that advertised Cheese, Alcohol, and Fireworks. That is how it was advertised on the highway on a giant billboard above the store. Weird.
Seems like a perfect combination.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There used to be a store between Janesville and Beloit on the highway that advertised Cheese, Alcohol, and Fireworks. That is how it was advertised on the highway on a giant billboard above the store. Weird.

There are still a lot of places that advertise that I Wisconsin. They don't have much else to sell up there

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
For a year or so I was all hot and bothered with trapping hogs. I'd let them out and shoot them with a superNova with a dead coyote choke and 7 round mag extension. Not a ton of hogs but over a couple hundred with 00. Also ambushed quite a few sounders at choke points and known crossings. I learned quickly that tactical/low recoil loads suck. 2 3/4" isn't great either. I only shoot them with 3" 00, and even then the results can be erratic. Sometimes broadsides under 30 yards stop them, sometimes not. Those cheap 3" remmy loads you get at Walmart seem inconsistent. I'll waste 5-6 hogs then a few days later have a real S show and have them run off. Had a big sow just absorb 3" including 2 head/face shots at 25 yards. For up close I prefer a 44 mag lever gun.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That Spartan 00 they sell at academy is a joke. It's like 00 confetti. Buying good quality buck puts you over a $1 a round so you may as well use a rifle.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That makes for an interesting way to make a slug

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had bad luck with buck shot on adult hogs it worked great on piglets though.

From helicopters they work great you are shooting down into the spine and vitals. But from the side pent ration seems to be an issue.
this is truth

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have you guys ever seen this? Might come in handy for someone.....

I've been doing that trick for years but I wouldn't want to shoot a hog with it, pretty sure penetration would be nil.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
'Das still some good shoot-'em-up action right there. Nice find yer Osoness.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oso, can you hack that video and put Brian's in there.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think we just need the charge and the shots!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter