Pulsar Trail XP38 video

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm loving this thermal! The internal recorder and integral battery pack mean no more wires for me to hang on EVERYTHING! The image speaks for itself. More to come..

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lance was it foggy and hazy out, or high humidity? Got to be better w an internal recorder and battery packs

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lance was it foggy and hazy out, or high humidity? Got to be better w an internal recorder and battery packs
It was none of the above. I typically set my thermals where they are brighter than some people do, so the targets "pop" more. On white hot, which i rarely use, it tends to wash out the background to my eye. Is that what you are seeing?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think it would be the contrast that he's talking about?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lancer is this one of the new ones?/one of the ones before these go on the market?

Maybe tonight you are out there filming porks!?? BANG BANG!!

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lancer is this one of the new ones?/one of the ones before these go on the market?
Yes it's one of the new ones. I think its the Trail XP38. (1.2x, 17 micron, 640). Pulsar didn't previously make a 640 core scope with internal recording and battery pack. I think they're starting to ship out the production ones.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Maybe tonight you are out there filming porks!?? BANG BANG!!
Yes what ^^^ he said.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think it would be the contrast that he's talking about?
Make sure you are watching it on higher quality than YouTube standard settings, I think the videos look amazing other than being shaky from not being rifle mounted.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My eyeballs like the black hot "more gooder". Internal recording... 'das kewl.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another thing I really like is the fact you can update the firmware via USB instead of sending the unit in.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another thing I really like is the fact you can update the firmware via USB instead of sending the unit in.

User firmware update is a huge win for us..

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was told that the trail line would have a microphone, but won't initially record with sound. But there will be a firmware update that will add sound to recording.
I was also told there would be a firmware update that would show a non-degraded image on video. I believe that what u see through the lens is better than what you see on video. Just like the older model pulsars and IR defense/Trijicon scopes.
For $4500 new, with internal recording, internal rechargeable battery pack, QD mount, multiple preset zeros for mounting to multiple rifles, the wifi ability to stream video straight to your phone/iPad, PIP, and waterproof... I think it's a pretty dang good deal. The only thing I'd prefer is more zoom, but that 1.2 power gives a better field of view for scanning so it's a trade off.

Last edited:

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank, at 6 minutes and 20 seconds into this video he adjusts the contrast. Not sure if that's what you were asking about, but I think it might be.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah that is much better, just looks washed out to me and not real sharp or is it suppose to washout the background so you cannot see what is behind what you are shooting? After 6:26 I could see some back ground so maybe that was it...Thanks

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah that is much better, just looks washed out to me and not real sharp or is it suppose to washout the background so you cannot see what is behind what you are shooting? After 6:26 I could see some back ground so maybe that was it...Thanks
That is of the 384 core 2.1x scope so it is a lower resolution also. I'm also pretty sure the view through the lens is better compared to the videos we are seeing.