Pulsar Trail XP 50 Wifi/Stream Vision problems

Discussion in 'Night Vision/Thermal' started by Spence Dilworth, Mar 11, 2018.

1. brent smith

brent smith New Member

I am having a problem with the video being saved with a SUPER high speed playback. A 2 minute video will play back within 5 seconds with everything moving super fast making the video useless. This has happened before but I dont know why. Anyone know?

2. Mark

Mark LSB Member

From what I've read the fast playback of video happens when the user turns off the Trail when it's in record mode.

You need to make sure you stop recording before you turn off your Trail.

3. brent smith

brent smith New Member

Thanks. That seems to have helped with the playback speed. Now I am having issues connecting my iphone per stream vision to the scope. I have used my XP50 for over a year now and never had this trouble until the most recent update. I reinstalled app. Made sure I have updated firmware. I have gone into my iphone's wifi settings and forgotten the trail network and added it again. Nothing. Every now and then it will connect for just a second, but wont allow me to do much with it before it drops. Any ideas? Anyone else having this issue with the newest firmware?

4. Wildfowler

Wildfowler Mis'sippi SUS VENATOR CLUB

Yes I have had issues where the scope would not stay connected to my phone.

I went through the scope and deleted all the old videos from the scope and freeing up the memory seems to have made it more stable.

I’ve used it twice since doing this to download over WiFi and it worked like it should but can’t confirm if this is really necessary.

theblakester likes this.
  5. brent smith

brent smith New Member

Thanks Wildfowler. I deleted all the videos on my scope and now it seems to be connecting much easier. Issue number 2 solved by this forum. Great info guys.

Wildfowler likes this.
  6. Wildfowler

Well that might confirm the issue If it’s running smoother for you now also

Good deal

7. FlextheJuvat

FlextheJuvat New Member

This is seriously pissing me off. I work damn hard for my money and I'm tired AF of getting ripped off. Don't get me wrong - the scope itself is wonderful, but when you pay for something, you expect that something to work, and right now, I can't even update the firmware on this damn thing because it's all based on this sh*t Stream Vision app. Damn I'm tired of companies taking my money and running.

Nick_Vic likes this.
  8. Chopperdrvr

Chopperdrvr Deep East Tx SUS VENATOR CLUB

Not the best way to make a first impression.

9. Wildfowler

Hey. Welcome to the forum.

der Teufel and Chopperdrvr like this.
  10. Nick_Vic

Nick_Vic New Member

Hello everyone, I've got the xm30 monocular with the same issues, WiFi stays connected but the connection is poor at best with a few seconds lag and then will just drop out on the app, however the WiFi connection is still "connected"
    Yeah i'm not a happy camper after spending an extra grand for the recording and video out via WIFI feature....
    Would be best to just connect the mini usb data pins to the video out feed, so we can have a cable video out...

FYI, I've updated firmware.

Anyone got any updates on this topic that may help?

11. Shane hampton

Shane hampton New Member

I have a xp50 that is approximately 2.5 years old. I have updated it at least once. When I try to connect to my iPhone or iPad it tells me it has weak security and will not connect to stream vision. Stream vision app has been deleted and reinstalled. I have tried with a galaxy tabA. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

12. Wildfowler

Can you post a screen shot?

mine says no internet connection when the WiFi is connected but it still works properly.